Tender super moist beef brisket made in the slow cooker, with amazing bark!
Hey friends! I have a spring and summer friendly recipe that you all are going to love! I’m going to show you how I make my super tender, mouth watering beef brisket in the slow cooker. This recipe is super easy and straight forward. It’s almost impossible to mess this up. I use my homemade bbq rub for my brisket along with apple cider vinegar, liquid smoke, and olive oil. I mixed the ingredients, and rub it all over the beef brisket, and let it cook overnight in my slow cooker. I then remove the brisket from the slow cooker, and place it in the oven on broil to darken the bark. The outcome is a melt in your mouth- seasoned to perfection- smokey brisket. I kid you not, this brisket is just as good as smoked brisket!
Let’s me show you how I do it!
- You will need 2 tbsp olive oil, 2 tbsp apple cider vinegar, and 1 tbsp of liquid smoke. Combine it with my homemade barbecue seasoning( Yes.. ALL of it)….
2. Once everything is mixed, rub it all over a 7-8lb beef brisket. I left the fat on my brisket ( because I believe that it adds flavor) but if you trim it off if you want to!
Once that the seasoned mixture is rubbed all over the brisket, spray your slow cooker with non stick spray.
Next place the brisket into the slow cooker, and set the slow cooker on low, and let cook for 12 hours.
Turn your oven on broil, then place the brisket in the oven . Let it stay in there long enough until the ” bark” ( the rub) darkens.
If the pictures weren’t enough, check out this video tutorial! 😋
- 7-8 lb beef brisket
- homemade barbecue rub
- 2 tbsp olive oil
- 2 tbsp apple cider vinegar
- 1 tbsp liquid smoke
- Combine the olive oil, apple cider vinegar, liquid smoke, and bbq rub.
- Once everything is mixed, rub it all over a 7-8lb beef brisket.
- Next, spray the slow cooker with nonstick spray.
- Place the beef brisket in the slow cooker.
- Set the slow cooker on low and let cook for 12 hours.
- Once done, carefully remove the brisket out of the slow cooker.
- Place the brisket in a foil line baked dish.
- Turn your oven on broil, then place the brisket in the oven. Let it stay in there long enough until the " bark" ( the rub) darkens.
- Once done, remove the brisket out of the oven, and cover it with foil.
- Let the brisket rest for 1 hour!
- Serve and enjoy!