Chitterlings aka chittlins made easy in the Crock Pot!
Hey cousins! In this post I’m going to show you how to make chitterlings in the slow cooker. Be sure to watch my video tutorial below, so that you can see how I clean and soak the chitterlings.
Note: In my previous chitterling video I used potatoes to help mute the smell of the chittlins. No need to use potatoes y’all. I’ve been using just apple cider vinegar, and it does just fine!
Watch my video tutorial on how I clean and cook chitterlings.
Slow Cooker Chitterlings
- 10 lbs chitterlings clean extra well!!
- 4 cups water
- 4 tsp Seasoning salt
- 2 chicken bouillon cubes
- 2 1/2 tsp garlic salt
- 1 tsp ground black pepper
- 2 1/2 tsp crushed red pepper flakes
- 1/4 cup minced onion
- First things first, make sure that you clean the chitterlings extra well!
- Next, cut the chitterlings into small pieces and add them into a slow cooker
- Pour in the water, and add in the seasonings.
- Give everything a nice stir, then place the lid on top of the slow cooker.
- Set the slow cooker on high, and cook for 6 hours.