How to make BBQ chicken in the slow cooker! Perfectly seasoned with lot’s of smokey flavor!
Hey friends! I have another slow cooker recipe for you to enjoy! This time we are making BBQ chicken in the slow cooker. If you don’t want to grill, or unable to- this is the perfect alternative!
For this recipe I usually use a whole chicken, and cut it into eight pieces. However, you can use whatever pieces that you’d like to use!
Check out my video tutorial!
- 3 lbs chicken
- 2 tbsp olive oil
- 1 tbsp liquid smoked ( I use hickory flavor)
- 2 tsp apple cider vinegar
- 1 tbsp poultry seasoning
- 2 tsp seasoning salt
- 1 tsp ground black pepper ( if your seasoning salt does not have black pepper)
- 1 tsp onion powder
- 1 tsp garlic powder
- ½ tsp cayenne pepper
- 2 tsp smoked paprika
- 1 tsp parsley flakes ( optional)
- 1 - 1½ cup BBQ sauce ( I used my Mango Peach BBQ Sauce)
- Make sure that the chicken is nice and clean.
- Drizzle on the olive oil, liquid smoke, and apple cider vinegar.
- Now season the chicken with all of the seasonings, and make sure that the chicken is nicely coated.
- Toss the chicken in the slow cooker.
- Place the lid on the slow cooker, and set on Low.
- Let cook for 4 hours.
- Line a cookie sheet or bake dish with foil, and spray with nonstick spray.
- Carefully remove the chicken from the slow cooker, and place on the cookie sheet.
- Brush the BBQ sauce on the chicken
- Place the chicken in the oven, uncovered, and broil until the sauce is nice and sticky.
- Remove from the oven, and add more sauce.
- Place back into the oven until the sauce is sticky.
- Remove from the oven.
- Let cool.
- Serve, and enjoy!