Table of ContentsA quick and easy Tex Mex Ground Beef Skillet dinner made in under 30 minutes!
Hey y’all! As requested I have a quick and easy dinner recipe for you. I’m going to show you how to make a easy and delicious tex mex ground beef skillet! This dish is perfect if you’re pushing for time, and want something made within 30 minutes. Not only is this meal easy on your time, but it’s easy on your pockets as well. I use super affordable ingredients such as ground beef, rice, corn, and beans. Most of the ingredients used, if not all, you probably already have on hand!
The ground beef that I used was regular ground beef. You can use lean if you choose. If you decide to use regular ground beef like I did, be sure to drain all of the fat once the meat if browned. If you’re not a fan of beef, feel free to replace it with ground turkey.
I used a can of low sodium Rotel for this recipe. You can use a generic brand, or regular canned tomatoes if you’d like. Just make sure that you drain the liquid from the can before adding the tomatoes into the dish.
I used canned black beans for this recipe. Before adding the beans into the skillet, I made sure to drain the liquid from the can, and I also rinse the beans under cool water.
If you’re not a fan of black beans you can use red beans, or pinto beans. You can also leave the beans out altogether if you’d like.
Watch how I made this quick and easy tex mex beef skillet
Tex Mex Ground Beef Skillet
- 1 1/2 lb ground beef
- 1 1/2 cup brown or white rice I used rice that was made the day before, and refrigerated
- 1 cup frozen corn
- 15 oz can of Rotel drained
- 1/2 cup canned black beans drained and rinsed
- 1/2 cup chopped green onion plus 2 tbsp to top off with
- 1/2 cup sharp cheddar cheese
- Homemade Low Sodium Taco Seasoning
- 2 tbsp Mrs. Dash Seasoning
- 1 1/4 tsp chili powder
- 1 tsp onion powder
- 1 tsp garlic powder
- Brown the ground beef in a skillet over medium heat. Drain out all of the fat
- Sprinkle in all of the seasonings, and stir.
- Add in the corn, rotel, and green onion, then mix the ingredients.
- Cook for five minutes then add in the rice, and fold in all of the ingredients.
- Next, add in the beans, and stir the ingredients until well combined.
- Cook for 5 minutes or so, then turn off the heat, and top with cheese and green onions.
- Serve and enjoy! XOXO
Leave a Comment