Tender beef short ribs made in the instant pot seasoned to perfection with onions, spicy peppers, cilantro and more!
Hey y’all! It’s been a minute since I’ve shared a Tex Mex recipe. I think the last one that I shared was my Tex Mex Corn Casserole recipe, which so many of you tried & loved! This time around we’re going to turn it up a few notches and make some fall off of the bone Tex Mex Beef Short Ribs, and we’re making it in the Instant Pot ( yup… I’m FINALLY going to share a pressure cooker recipe folks!)
These Tex Mex Beef Short Ribs are packed with flavor, and only take 1 hour and 20 minutes in the Instant Pot! Once done, they are literally falling off of the bone!
Pair this Tex Mex Beef Ribs recipe with my some southern cornbread!
Share & save this recipe on Pinterest!
Check out the Video tutorial featuring Daym Drops
Tex Mex Short Ribs
- 3 1/2 lbs of beef short ribs
- 1 tbsp lime juice
- 2 tbs canola oil or your favorite vegetable oil
- 1 medium red onion diced
- 14.5 oz garlic & herb canned tomatoes
- 2 tbsp tomato paste
- 2 tbsp worcestershire sauce
- 3 tsp Tony Chachere Creole Seasoning
- 1 1/2 tsp kosher salt
- 2 tsp onion powder
- 1 1/2 tsp ground cumin
- 1 tsp coarse black pepper
- 2 tsp regular paprika
- 1 large jalapeño diced
- 10 cloves garlic
- 12 ounce beer
- 1 3/4 cup beef broth
- 1/4 of a bunch of cilantro chopped
For garnishing use fresh lime slices
- cilantro, and sliced cherry tomatoes.
- Place the short ribs into a large bowl or pot.
- Drizzle the lime juice, and vegetable oil all over the beef short ribs.
- Next sprinkle on the onion powder, creole seasoning, cumin, kosher salt, and coarse black pepper.
- Massage the seasonings into the meat until everything is nicely coated, then set to the side.
- Grab another mixing bowl and combine the tomato paste, worcestershire sauce, beef broth, beer, and tomatoes. Mix until well combined.
- Now toss the beef short ribs into the Instant Pot, along with the diced red onions, cilantro, diced jalapenos, and garlic.
- Pour in the beef/ broth mixture.
- Carefully close the Instant Pot (Please make sure it's closed!!).
- Use the meat settings, and cook for 1 hour and 20 minutes.
- Let cool.
- Remove ribs, and etc from the Instant Pot.
- Garnish with fresh onions, cilantro, and sliced tomatoes.
- Serve and enjoy with rice, potatoes, or cornbread!