Easy short ribs recipe made in the slow cooker. This is seriously the best beef short ribs recipe ever!
I love beef short ribs. However, I don’t like a lot of the complicated recipes, nor steps associated with beef short ribs. I’ve come up with the best easy slow cooker short ribs recipe ever, and I just have to share it with you all. I swear this is a quick short rib recipe, because all you have to do is a little prep & toss everything into the Crock-Pot, and you’re good… The cooking process, however, takes some time.
I like to use meaty beef short ribs, that I usually buy from my local grocery store. I prefer the ones with the bones, but you can easily buy the boneless ribs, and make this a delicious boneless short ribs recipe.
For this easy slow cooker short ribs recipe, I also incorporate a nice amount of potatoes, carrots, and plenty of onions. I usually use yellow onions, but sometimes I use pearl onions ( when I can find them). I like to use fresh herbs such as thyme and rosemary to season these short ribs, and I also have my two secret ingredients – A package of ranch seasoning, and a package of brown gravy mix.
So how long does it take to cook beef short ribs? Well after I combine all of the ingredients in my slow cooker ( I add the potatoes last). Then I place the lid on the slow cooker, and let it cook on high for 6 hours.
FYI, I don’t consider this a braised beef short ribs recipe, because I don’t add any liquid. The only liquid if this easy slow cooker short ribs recipe comes from the meat, and vegetables.
Save & share this PIN on Pinterest
Print the recipe below, and be sure to subscribe to my mailing list!
Easy Slow Cooker Short Ribs
- 3 lbs beef short ribs
- 2 tbsp olive oil
- 1 lb carrots peeled & chopped
- 2 large yellow onions chopped
- 2-3 large russet potatoes washed, peeled, and chopped
- .87 oz ranch seasoning
- .87 oz brown gravy mix
- 2 tsp seasoning salt OR salt free seasoning I like salt free ( Mrs. Dash)
- 1 sprig of fresh rosemary
- 1 spring of fresh thyme
- 3 bay leaves
- 5 cloves of garlic chopped
- 2 red bell peppers sliced
- Toss the short ribs into a large bowl, then drizzle in the olive oil.
- Sprinkle the salt free, or seasoning salt all over the short ribs, then toss the ribs to make sure they are well coated with the oil and seasonings.
- In a large stick free skillet, brown the ribs over medium heat.
- Once the ribs are nice and browned remove them from the heat.
- Place the ribs, and chopped potatoes, onions, garlic, carrots, and peppers in a bowl, or on a flat baking sheet.
- Sprinkle the ranch seasoning, and brown gravy mix all over.
- Now toss all of the ingredients ( except the potatoes) into the slow cooker.
- Next, add the potatoes on top of the other ingredients.
- Place the lid on the slow cooker, and set on high.
- Let cook for 6 hours.
- During the last hour, giving everything a nice stir.
- Once done sprinkle fresh parsley on top.
- Serve & enjoy!
Try these recipe as well!