Easy short ribs recipe made in the slow cooker. This is seriously the best beef short ribs recipe ever!
A Simple and Tasty Recipe for Tender Slow Cooker Short Ribs!
I love beef short ribs; however, I don’t like a lot of the complicated recipes or steps associated with beef short ribs. I’ve come up with the best easy slow cooker short ribs recipe ever, and I just have to share it with you all. I swear this is a quick short rib recipe because all you have to do is a little prep, toss everything into the Crock-Pot, and you’re good… The cooking process, however, takes some time.
I like to use meaty beef short ribs that I usually buy from my local grocery store. I prefer the ones with the bones, but you can easily use the boneless ribs and make this a delicious boneless short ribs recipe.
Tender, Juicy Slow Cooker Short Ribs with Simple, Delicious Ingredients
For this easy slow cooker short ribs recipe I also incorporate a nice amount of potatoes, carrots and plenty of onions. I usually use yellow onions, but sometimes I use pearl onions (when I can find them). I like to use fresh herbs, such as thyme and rosemary, to season these short ribs, and I also have my two secret ingredients – a package of ranch seasoning and a package of brown gravy mix.
So how long does it take to cook beef short ribs? I combine all of the ingredients in my slow cooker (I add the potatoes last), place the lid on the slow cooker and let it cook on high for 6 hours.
FYI, I don’t consider this a braised beef short ribs recipe, because I don’t add any liquid. The only liquid in this easy slow cooker short ribs recipe comes from the meat and vegetables.
If you loved my slow cooker short ribs recipe, be sure to save & share on Pinterest.
Print the recipe below and don’t forget to tag and follow me on Facebook, Instagram, and Pinterest, subscribe to I Heart Recipes on YouTube, and check out all my cookbooks! I just released a brand new cookbook, Super Soul Food with Cousin Rosie, with many recipes you can’t find anywhere else.
Easy Slow Cooker Short Ribs
- 3 lbs beef short ribs
- 2 tbsp olive oil
- 1 lb carrots peeled & chopped
- 2 large yellow onions chopped
- 2-3 large russet potatoes washed, peeled, and chopped
- .87 oz ranch seasoning
- .87 oz brown gravy mix
- 2 tsp seasoning salt OR salt free seasoning I like salt free ( Mrs. Dash)
- 1 sprig of fresh rosemary
- 1 spring of fresh thyme
- 3 bay leaves
- 5 cloves of garlic chopped
- 2 red bell peppers sliced
- Toss the short ribs into a large bowl, then drizzle in the olive oil.
- Sprinkle the salt free, or seasoning salt all over the short ribs, then toss the ribs to make sure they are well coated with the oil and seasonings.
- In a large stick free skillet, brown the ribs over medium heat.
- Once the ribs are nice and browned remove them from the heat.
- Place the ribs, and chopped potatoes, onions, garlic, carrots, and peppers in a bowl, or on a flat baking sheet.
- Sprinkle the ranch seasoning, and brown gravy mix all over.
- Now toss all of the ingredients ( except the potatoes) into the slow cooker.
- Next, add the potatoes on top of the other ingredients.
- Place the lid on the slow cooker, and set on high.
- Let cook for 6 hours.
- During the last hour, giving everything a nice stir.
- Once done sprinkle fresh parsley on top.
- Serve & enjoy!
Try these recipe as well!
Mississippi Pot Roast in the slow cooker!
Sweet & Smokey BBQ Ribs in the slow cooker
Slow Cooker Smothered Turkey Wings
Leave a Comment