Tender beef chuck roast seasoned to perfection, and slow cooked for 8 hours. Classic Mississippi Pot Roast style.
Over the past couple years I’ve shared a few pot toast recipes. Some of the pot roast recipes that I’ve shared have been made in the oven, some in the slow cooker. Since most of you have been asking for more slow cooker recipes, I decided to make & share my Best Mississippi Pot Roast recipe made in the Crock-Pot.
Tender and juicy Mississippi Pot Roast slow cooked for 8 hours.
This Mississippi pot roast is simply beef chuck roast seasoned with ranch seasoning, ground cumin, and brown gravy mix – although some people use au jus seasoning instead of the gravy mix. The meat is slow cooked in the slow cooker for 8 hours along with some butter, onions, and pepperoncini peppers.
I also like to cook vegetable with my Mississippi pot roast. I toss in carrots, onions, celery, oh- and lot’s of freshly minced garlic!
This recipe is simply the best Mississippi Pot Roast EVER… My family always goes back for seconds, and yours will too!
Don’t forget to check out these other slow cooker recipes from I Heart Recipes:
Beef, Black Bean & Butternut Squash Chili
Sweet and Smokey Pork Spare Ribs
Slow Cooker BBQ Oxtails
Save & Share this PIN on Pinterest if you want to make this delicious pot roast recipe!
Print the recipe below, and be sure to follow me on Facebook! XOXO
Best Mississippi Pot Roast
- 2.5 - 3 lbs chuck roast
- 1 envelope of brown gravy mix
- 1 envelope of ranch seasoning
- 1 tsp ground cumin
- 5 tbsp butter I used unsalted
- 2 tbsp olive or vegetable oil
- 2 medium sized yellow onion sliced
- 5 cloves fresh garlic minced
- 3 stalks of celery chopped
- 8-10 pepperoncini peppers
- 12 oz baby carrots or chopped carrots
- 3 cups beef broth
- Let's start of by seasoning the meat - Sprinkle half of ranch seasoning on each side of the roast, along with the ground cumin.
- Next drizzle the olive or vegetable oil into a large pan, and place it over medium high heat.
- Once the oil is nice & hot, put the roast in the pan.
- Sear each side of the roast until golden, then remove from the pan, and set aside.
- Now toss in the vegetables, and cook for 5 minutes. Then set aside.
- Pour in the vegetable broth, then adjust the heat from medium high, to high. Bring to a boil, then turn off the heat.
- Spray a slow cooker with nonstick spray then toss in the vegetables, and garlic. Also pour in the broth.
- Next add in the roast, and sprinkle in the remaining ranch seasoning & the gravy mix.
- Place the butter on top of the roast, then add in the pepperoncini peppers.
- Set the slow cooker on high, and let cook for 8 hours.
- Break up the roast ( should be falling apart).
- Serve & enjoy over mashed potatoes or rice!
Try these recipes as well!
Smothered Top Round Roast Beef
Leave a Comment