Easy Texas Caviar with Italian Dressing! Made with Black-eyed peas, corn, tomatoes, onions, and more!
A Delicious and Flavorful Recipe for Easy Texas Caviar!
I just love Texas Caviar. It’s one of my favorite things to snack on while lounging and binge watching my favorite shows. Are you unfamiliar with Texas Caviar? Well let me tell ya about it. Texas Caviar is a black-eyed pea salad with tomatoes, bell peppers, corn, onions, and some times avocado.
The ingredients are drizzled with Italian dressing ( sometimes people make Texas Caviar with apple cider vinegar instead). I like to use a combination of fresh vegetables, with canned vegetables.
Some people make Texas Caviar with Rotel, and I like that too. However, I prefer to use fresh diced jalapenos in my recipe.
While you’re here, check out some of my other snack recipes!
I like to serve this Easy Texas Caviar with organic blue corn tortilla chips, or sometimes Chili Cheese Fritos ( OMG talk about amazing!)
This is a really easy recipe for Texas Caviar, so I don’t need to do too much talking. Also, make sure you try these recipes out as well!
Save & share this PIN on Pinterest
Print this recipe, and don’t forget to follow me on Facebook, Instagram and YouTube for more recipes! XOXO
Easy Texas Caviar
- 1 large red onion diced
- 1 green bell pepper diced
- 1 red bell pepper diced
- 15 oz canned black eyed peas drained and rinsed
- 15 oz canned black beans drained and rinsed
- 15 oz canned corn kernels drained and rinsed
- 3 roma tomatoes diced
- 2 large jalapeños diced and seeds removed
- 1 1/4 cups zesty Italian dressing
- Place all the ingredients into a large bowl and stir until everything is well incorporated.
- Place the Texas Caviar into a refrigerator safe bowl, or container and cover.
- Refrigerate for about two hours before serving.
- Serve & enjoy!