How to make simple homemade Pico de Gallo, with fresh tomatoes, cilantro, onions, peppers, and more!
Fresh Pico de Gallo ( also called salsa fresca) with lots of juicy bright red tomatoes, crispy sweet bell peppers, and spicy jalapenos. How delicious does that sound?! Like seriously, I could munch on it all day, and to be completely honest with you – I DO! I love homemade pico de gallo, and I usually always have it on hand because it’s so cheap & easy to make. Oh, and it also happens to be on the healthier side!
I only use fresh ingredients for my pico de gallo. I don’t use any canned tomatoes, or etc. EVERYTHING is fresh. The ingredients that I use are tomatoes, cilantro, garlic, onions, bell peppers, jalapenos, and lots of freshly squeezed lime juice.
When I make my pico de gallo I chop everything by hand, because I like it nice and chunky. However, if you’d like, you can use a food processor!
This simple pico de gallo recipe is the best ever ( and I’m not just saying it because it’s my recipe LOL!). It’s perfect for all occasions!
Print my Pico de Gallo Recipe, and give it a try!
Easy Pico de Gallo
- 4 large tomatoes I usually use steak tomatoes, diced
- 1 red onion diced
- 1 large jalapeno diced
- 1 tsp minced garlic
- 1 medium sized green bell pepper diced
- 1 medium sized yellow bell pepper diced
- 1 medium sized red bell pepper diced
- 1/4 of a cilantro bunch chopped ( leaves only)
- 1 large lime
- 1 tsp kosher salt
- Toss all off the diced vegetables( and fruit, since tomatoes are technically a fruit....), and cilantro in a large bowl and mix until everything is well incorporated.
- Cut the lime in half, and squeeze all of the lime juice all over the diced vegetables.
- Sprinkle in the kosher salt.
- Mix the ingredients until everything is well incorporated.
- Serve with tortillas or on the side of a dish & enjoy!