Homemade apple cider made in the slow cooker! Made with fresh fruit, cinnamon sticks, cloves, and more!
I just love apple cider, especially when it’s homemade. Don’t get me wrong – store bought apple cider is good, but nothing an compare to homemade cider.
I like to make my homemade apple cider in the slow cooker. It’s easy for me to make, ad everyone that has tried my homemade apple cider LOVES it. Try it out for yourself!
Check out my video tutorial for slow cooker apple cider!
Homemade Apple Cider
- 2 medium sized granny smith apples
- 3 large fuji apples
- 2 large navel oranges
- 3 cinnamon sticks
- 4 whole cloves in the video my cloves were crushed
- 4 cups water
- 1/2 cup sugar or splenda
- 2 tsp of pure vanilla extract
- Wash all of the fruit under cool water, then slice and place into a large bowl.
- Add 3 sticks of cinnamon, and the clove.
- Wrap all of the contents in the bowl with a cheesecloth, and tie.
- Place the ingredients into the Crock Pot.
- Sprinkle in the sugar, and pour in the water.
- Cover the Crock Pot with the lid, and set it on high for 6 hours.
- During the fourth hour, use a kitchen utensil to mash the fruit in the cheesecloth. Cover, and let it continue to cook.
- Remove the cheesecloth, full of fruit, from the Crock Pot. Strain all of the liquid, and place it back into the pot. Discard the fruit remains.
- Strain the apple cider until all of the pulp is gone, add in the vanilla extract, and stir.