Table of ContentsHow to make easy beef lasagna in the slow cooker without layering, and minimal ingredients!
I seem to get a lot of request for pasta recipes, and lasagna is one of them. I actually uploaded a recipe for lasagna a few months ago, but I’ve been asked if it was possible to make it in the slow cooker. Well my friends it is possible! I actually PREFER making lasagna in my slow cooker because it’s easier. When I make it in my slow cooker, I can do other things such as wash dishes, pick my son up from school, help him with homework. Once I’m done doing all of my mommy & wife duties – Dinner is done! I absolutely love it.
Another thing that I LOVE about this lasagna recipe is that there is no layering. If there’s anything that I hate about lasagna, it would have to be the layering process. The pasta, the meat sauce, the cheese… It can be a pain in the ahhhh- never mind! Any way – I simply place everything in the slow cooker, and top it off with cheese!
I should mention, that I cook the meat, and cheese sauce before I place it in the slow cooker. This takes about 10 minutes tops. I use cottage cheese for this recipe instead of ricotta for several reason. Reason number one is it’s less expensive. Reason number to is I simply like cottage cheese more than ricotta. If you’re not a cottage cheese fan, you can certainly use ricotta.
The pasta sauce that I used was my homemade vegetable marinara. It’s amazing, I highly recommend that you give it a try. However, if you want to use a store bought sauce you can.
Check out how I make lasagna in my slow cooker!
(Oh darn! I forget to mention that I added 1 tbsp of Italian seasoning in the video. Directions are down below)
Best Slow Cooker Beef Lasagna Recipe
- 1 lb ground beef
- 1/2 lb lasagna pasta
- 4 cups of my homemade vegetable marinara sauce OR 1 jar of pasta sauce
- 1 1/4 cup cottage cheese
- 1 1/2 cup Italian cheese blend
- 1 tbsp Italian seasoning
- salt & pepper for taste optional
- parsley flakes optional
- Brown the ground beef over medium heat, and drain all of the fat.
- Pour in the marinara sauce, and sprinkle in the Italian seasoning ( not show in video).
- Add in 1 cup cottage cheese, and 1/2 cup Italian blend cheese.
- Stir until everything is well combined, turn of the stove, and remove the pan from the heat.
- Break the lasagna pasta in halves ( or smaller), and toss into the slow cooker.
- Pour in the meat & cheese sauce.
- Fold the ingredients.
- Top off with the remaining 1/4 cottage cheese, and 1 cup of the Italian cheese blend.
- Sprinkle the parsley flakes on top, then top the slow cooker with the lid.
- Cook on low for 3 hours.
- Turn the slow cooker off.
- Serve & enjoy!
Leave a Comment