How to make the best Pineapple Glazed Ham for the holidays!
Imagine making the ultimate glaze for your holiday ham. A glaze that had all of your favorite ingredients such as honey, pineapple juice, brown sugar, and even a combination of your holiday spices. Well imagine no more! We are about to bring that glaze to reality!
I literally combined all of my ham recipes into one, and made the perfect homemade sauce/glaze. This Pineapple Glazed Ham is now my go to ham recipe during the holidays… The best part? It’s so freaking easy to make. The hardest part ( which is hard at all!) is decorating the ham with pineapples and cherries.
Let me show you how I make this fabulous holiday ham!
- 8-10 lb smoked ham, fully cooked
- 20 oz can of pineapple rings, in pineapple juice( juice reserved)
- 6 oz jar of maraschino cherries( juice reserved)
- ⅓ cup pure honey
- ¼ cup yellow mustard
- ¼ cup brown sugar ( dark or light)
- ¼ tsp ground nutmeg
- 1 tsp ground cinnamon
- ¼ tsp ground ginger
- ¼ tsp ground clove
- ¼ cup cornstarch
- * Toothpicks
- Preheat oven to 325 F.
- Make sure that the ham is completely thawed.
- Decorate the ham with pineapples & cherries, using the toothpicks to hold everything in place.
- In a large measuring cup, or medium sized bowl, combine the pineapple juice, cherry juice, brown sugar, mustard, honey, ginger, clove, nutmeg, and cinnamon.
- Stir everything, then sprinkle in the cornstarch.
- Whisk everything until lump free, then transfer the sauce/ glaze into a saucepan.
- Bring the sauce to a boil over medium high heat, and whisk.
- Let boil for about 3-5 minutes, then turn the heat off.
- Pour the glaze all over the ham.
- Bake the ham, uncovered, for 30 minutes.
- Remove the ham from the oven, and baste.
- Place back in the oven for 20-30 minutes( still uncovered).
- Remove from the oven, let sit for about 15 minutes.
- Serve & enjoy!