Scalloped potatoes with ham. Made with a golden potatoes homemade creamy cheese sauce, and ham.
One thing about me – I love potatoes! French fries, roast potatoes, potato salad, and more! So it shouldn’t be a surprise to you that I’m here to share my recipe for homemade scalloped potatoes with ham. I know that usually, people serve scalloped potatoes during the holidays, but when you’re a potato lover like myself, you can eat scalloped potatoes any time of the year!
I should mention that I have the best scalloped potato recipe! You’ll find that my recipe is packed with flavor. I use simple cheeses such as cheddar and Colby Jack. Also, instead of using regular milk for my cheese sauce, I use half & half ( half milk and half cream). I find that it makes a creamier and rich sauce.
The homemade cheese sauce is loaded with diced ham, onions, and garlic. The sauce flavored the potatoes amazingly.
I like to pair my scalloped potatoes with roast turkey, fresh rolls, green beans, and dressing.
Give my recipe a try, and be sure to leave me a comment below.
Don’t forget to print my homemade scalloped potatoes with ham recipe!
Homemade Scalloped Potatoes with Ham
- 3 lbs golden potatoes washed & peeled, then thinly sliced
- 1 lb cooked diced ham
- 4 tbsp salted butter
- 1 medium yellow onion diced
- 3 cloves of garlic diced
- 8 oz sharp cheddar cheese shredded
- 16 oz colby jack cheese shredded
- 3 tsp seasoning salt
- 2 tbsp all purpose flour
- 3 cups half & half
- 2 tsp chopped fresh parsley
- Preheat the oven to 375 F.
- Lightly grease a 9×13 bake dish, and set it to the side.
- Combine all the shredded cheeses in a large bowl, and set to the side.
- Now toss 4 tbsp of butter into a large sauce pan, and place the plan over medium heat.
- Once the butter has melted, sprinkle in 2 tbsp of all purpose flour.
- Whisk the flour in with the butter, and cook for 2 minutes.
- Pour in the half & half, and whisk in until everything is well combined.
- Cook the half & half mixture until it has thickened, then add in half of the cheese mixture.
- Stir in the cheeses until it's all melted, then add in the onion, garlic, and ham.
- Sprinkle in the seasoning salt (I use my RosaMae Seasonings Seasoning Salt).
- Stir everything, and let cook for 5 minutes, then turn off the heat,
- Next, add half of the sliced potatoes into a 9×13. Pour half of the cheese sauce mixture on top of the potatoes, then sprinkle half of the remaining cheese on top.
- Next, top with the remaining potatoes. Then repeat with th cheese sauce, then remaining cheese.
- Leave everything uncovered, then place it it the oven.
- Let bake for 50-55 minutes.
- Remove from the oven, and let sit for 10-15 minutes before serving.
- Sprinkle the top with fresh parsley.
- Serve & enjoy!
Don’t forget to subscribe to I Heart Recipes on YouTube to see all of my recipe videos, cooking tips, and more! You can also follow me on Facebook, Instagram, and Pinterest to keep up with all things Rosie and I Heart Recipes!
Leave a Comment