Creamy cheesy scalloped potatoes made easily. This is the best scalloped potatoes recipe hands down!
I love scalloped potatoes. Like seriously, what’s there not to like? I have the best Cheesy Scalloped Potatoes recipe ever, and, of course, I will be sharing it with you all within this post. This recipe is semi homemade. We will be using fresh potatoes, of course, but we will cheat a little when it comes to making the cheese sauce.
Semi-Homemade Cheesy Scalloped Potatoes: The Perfect Side Dish!
Instead of making the sauce from scratch, we will be using canned cheddar cheese soup (Yup…just like my slow cooker mac and cheese recipe!). The cheese soup will be mixed with heavy cream, milk, butter, gruyere cheese, garlic, onions and spices. The outcome will be AMAZING!
Save & Share this PIN on Pinterest! Don’t forget to tag and follow me on Facebook, Instagram, and subscribe to I Heart Recipes on YouTube. I just released a brand new cookbook, Super Soul Food with Cousin Rosie, with many recipes you can’t find anywhere else.
Cheesy Scalloped Potatoes
- Add 2 tbsp of unsalted butter and 2 tsp of olive oil into a medium sized sauce pan.
- Place the pan over medium heat, and, once the butter is melted, toss in the onions.
- Cook the onions for about 2 minutes, then add in the garlic.
- Cook and stir for about 1 minute.
- Now add in the cheese soup, heavy cream and milk. Stir until well combined.
- Sprinkle in the black pepper, salt and nutmeg. Stir.
- Add in the Gruyere cheese and stir.
- Reduce the heat to low, and stir until all the cheese is melted.
- Next, add the peeled & sliced potatoes into a well greased bake dish or cast iron skillet.
- Pour the cheese sauce all over the potatoes.
- Bake in the oven on 375° F for about 50 minutes, or until the potatoes are tender.
- Remove from the oven, then sprinkle parsley flakes (optional) on top.
- Let cool to a safe temperature.
- Serve & enjoy!