Creamy cheesy low carb mac and cheese, made with cauliflower instead of pasta!
“Rosie, Is there a way to make low carb macaroni and cheese?!” Believe it or not, I get asked that questioned a lot. As you all know I love me some macaroni and cheese, so of course I have a low carb version to share with you all as well! In this post I’m going to show you how to make the most amazing low carb cauliflower mac and cheese. Yup, you read right – cauliflower mac & cheese!
Instead of using pasta for this easy low carb dish, we will be using cauliflower! The cauliflower is cooked in a creamy cheesy sauce, and topped with more cheese. And get this – Pork rinds!
Since it’s low carb, we can’t use bread crumbs for the crunchy topping, so pork rinds are used. If you don’t eat pork, feel free to omit it!
Save & Share this creamy and delicious low-carb cauliflower mac and cheese recipe on Pinterest!
Print the recipe below, and be sure to subscribe to my mailing list and YouTube channel for all the recipe updates!
Low Carb Cauliflower Mac and Cheese
- 1 large head of cauliflower about 6 cups
- 1/4 cup chicken broth
- 2 1/2 cups sharp cheddar cheese shredded
- 1/2 cup pork grinds crushed
- 2 cloves garlic
- 1/2 cup milk
- 3 tbsp salted butter
- 1 tsp Italian seasoning
- Take all the florets off the main core, cutting them into bite sized pieces.
- Place the florets into a microwave safe container, then pour in the chicken broth.
- Cover and cook for about 8 minutes in the microwave.
- Drain thoroughly and let cool slightly. Set aside
- Melt the butter down in a pan over low medium heat, then pour in the milk.
- Whisk the butter and milk together.
- Add in 1 1/2 cup of the cheese, and stir until the cheese is melted.
- Preheat the oven to 425 F.
- Place all the cauliflower into an 8 x 8 baking pan.
- Cover the cauliflower with the cheese sauce.
- Sprinkle the 1/2 cup of the cheese cauliflower.
- Mix the remaining cheese with the pork rind crumbs & Italian Seasoning. Sprinkle that on top of the mac and cheese.
- Bake uncovered for 10 – 15 minutes or until the topping is golden brown and crispy.
- Let cool for a couple of minutes.
- Serve & enjoy!
Looking for more mac and cheese recipes? I got you covered!