Easy oven baked barbecue pork chops!
In this post we’re making oven baked barbecue pork chops. This recipe is super easy to whip up, and these barbecue pork chops are perfect during the busy week. It takes very little time to prepare these pork chops, and the cooking time is approximately 40 minutes.
For this recipe I used bone in pork chops, that is my preference. However you can use boneless pork chops. Also this recipe works great with pork steaks! I’ve made oven barbecue pork steaks several times, and they come out terrific!
To season my oven baked pork chops, I used my homemade barbecue rub- which is pretty amazing! If you want, you can use a store bought barbecue seasoning( it won’t be as good as my homemade rub though! LOL!)
Again, this recipe is super easy. Try it out for yourself, and leave me a comment down below
Watch the video tutorial
Oven Baked Barbecue Pork Chops
- 1.5 lb pork chops bone it
- 1 tbsp of barbecue seasoning/rub
- 2 tbsp olive oil
- 1 small onion chopped
- 1/2 cup barbecue sauce
- Preheat the oven to 350 F.
- Make sure that the meat is nice and clean prior to cooking.
- Drizzle 2 tbsp of olive oil all over the pork chops and rub the oil all over the pork chops.
- Season the meat, both sides, with the barbecue seasoning.
- Place the meat into an oiled baked dish or roaster pan, then top the pork chops off with chopped onions.
- Cover the bake dish, and bake for 25 minutes.
- Remove the pork chops from the oven, and uncover them.
- Pour the barbecue sauce all over the pork chops, and make sure all of the chops are nicely covered.
- Leave the pork chops uncovered, and place them back in the oven for an additional 15 minutes.
- Remove from the oven, and serve!