Tender Pork chops Smothered with onions,peppers, and mushroom!
Hi friends! In this post I’m making my version of smothered pork chops! I always have pork chops in my freezer. They’re easy to prepare, you can serve them many ways, and best of all they are always on sale at my local eat market. I have a couple pork chop recipes posted already, but I made these smothered pork chops the other day, and I definitely wanted to share the recipe with you all.
These smothered pork chops were simply amazing! The were super tender, extremely juicy, and they were packed with flavor. The amazing thing is, I didn’t add any salt! I used on 1 tbsp of oil in this entire dish, and I used plenty of vegetables .
In this recipe I used a bunch of mini sweet peppers, because they were cheaper than the other bell peppers at my market. You can definitely use regular bell peppers instead of the mini peppers. As far as onion, I prefer yellow onions, but if you have another preference be sure to use that.
Also, I used my roaster pan to bake these pork chops. If you do not have a roaster pan, substitute it with a bake dish. If your bake dish does not have a cover, use aluminum foil to cover the pork chops while baking.
Don’t eat pork? Use chicken!
Check out these pictures of my finished pork chops
Try the recipe out for yourself, and be sure to leave me a comment down below.
Rosie’s Smothered Pork Chops
- 2 lbs thin pork chops
- 2 tbsp Mrs. Dash Original Seasoning
- 1 tbsp Garlic Powder
- 2 tsp Onion Powder
- 1 tbsp vegetable oil
- 1 medium sized onion chopped
- 2 large bell peppers chopped
- 1 cup mushrooms chopped
- 1/3 cup green onion chopped
- 11 oz can of cream of chicken mushroom, or celery soup.
- 1/2 cup water
- *Nonstick spray
- Season each side of the pork chops with the Mrs. Dash Seasoning, onion powder, and garlic powder.
- Spray a pan with non stick spray then place the pan over medium high heat.
- Place the pork chops into the pan, and brown each side. Once browned, place the pork chops in a Roast dish.
- In the same pan, pour in the vegetable oil.
- Add all of the chopped vegetables into the pan, and fry them until the start to soften.
- Add the vegetables into the roast dish along with the pork chops.
- In a small pot combine the cream of chicken, mushroom, or celery soup along with 1/2 cup of water. Mix, and cook over medium heat for 5 minutes.
- Pour the soup over the chops and vegetables, then cover the roast dish.
- Bake in the oven on 375 F, for 50 minutes.
- Let sit for 5 minutes before serving.