Tuna pasta salad made with lots of tuna fish, shell pasta, celery, onions, and spices. This southern tuna macaroni salad is the perfect side dish for any occasion!
Hey y’all! It’s officially potluck season. You know, when everyone and their mama is having a potluck for no specific reason, just to eat! I personally love going to potlucks, because it gets me out of the house, and gives me the opportunity to socialize, and of course EAT!!
One of my favorite side dishes to make for potlucks is my southern tuna macaroni salad. This tuna pasta salad always gets praised, and most people really don’t realize how effortless, and cheap my tuna macaroni salad is to make.
First, and foremost, I make my southern tuna macaroni salad without peas. Peas ISSA NO! No peas in my tuna macaroni salad, it is just not my thing. I also refuse to use miracle whip! So no, this ain’t no tuna salad with miracle whip recipe y’all. I prefer to use Best Foods aka Hellmans mayonnaise for my tuna macaroni salad!
As far as seasoning my southern tuna macaroni salad, I keep it simple. I use salt, pepper, and a little bit of garlic powder. Since this dish already has onions & dill relish, I don’t have to add too much to it!
Don’t forget to save & share this recipe on Pinterest!
Watch me make this Southern Macaroni Salad, and print the recipe below!
Southern Tuna Macaroni Salad
- 4 cups uncooked shell pasta elbow macaroni will work as well
- 16 oz canned tuna drained
- 4 boiled eggs crumbled
- 1 1/2 cup mayonnaise I use Best Foods/ Hellmans
- 1 small red onion diced
- 3 ribs celery diced
- 1/4 cup chopped green onion
- 1/4 cup dill relish
- 2 tsp salt
- 1 tsp coarse black pepper
- 1 tsp garlic powder
Optional for garnishing
- fresh chopped parsley
- Cook the shell macaroni pasta until it’s nice and al’ dente, then drain the water.
- Rinse the pasta under cold water, then set to the side.
- In a large mixing bowl toss in the mayonnaise, dill relish, tuna, onions, and celery. Mix the ingredients, then toss in the salt, pepper, and garlic powder.
- Make sure that everything is well combined, then add in the cooked macaroni pasta.
- Fold the ingredients until everything is well combined, then cover the bowl, and refrigerate for a at least 1 hour.
- Put the macaroni salad in your desired serving dish.
- Optional: Add paprika and parsley on top.
- Serve and enjoy!