If you love all things creamy and cheesy, you are in for a special treat! I recently made the best pot of creamy cheddar garlic mashed potatoes. It was simply out of this world. The combination of creamy potatoes, and sharp cheddar cheese if enough to make anyone’s mouth water, but I also added minced garlic. Honey, these potatoes are truly delicious.
I served the potatoes with my turkey meatloaf , and green beans. Dinner was definitely a hit that night.
Give this recipe a try and tell me what you think!
Cheddar Garlic Mashed Potatoes
- 5 russet potatoes peeled and chopped
- 2 tbsp salted butter
- 1/2 tsp minced garlic
- 1 cup half and half
- 2/3 cup sharp cheddar cheese shredded
- enough water to boil the potatoes
- 1 tsp salt
- 1/2 tsp ground black pepper
- Boil the potatoes until tender, then drain.
- Add 2 tbsp of butter to a pan, and melt it over medium heat.
- Once the butter is melted, add in the garlic and cook for 1-2 minutes.
- Add the drained potatoes into the pan, and mashed to potatoes.
- Pour in 1/2 cup of the half and half, then stir the potatoes. Pour in the remaining half and half, and stir the potatoes until smooth.
- Sprinkle in the salt and pepper. Stir.
- Sprinkle in the cheese, and fold in.