Hi friends! Here is a quick and easy recipe to use for the holidays if you don’t want to make a whole turkey! It’s simply delicious and it’s also beginner friendly. You don’t have to worry about any brining, stuffing, or homemade gravy with this turkey dish. This recipe is PERFECT for smaller crowds, and for those of you that have a lot of other recipes to dabble with. Check it out!
Smothered Turkey Wings
These Smothered Turkey Wings are the perfect alternative to cooking a whole turkey. They are tender, savory and quick. Perfect for small crowds!
- 3 large Turkey Wings
- 1 tbsp poultry seasoning
- 1 tsp seasoning salt
- 1 tbsp salt free seasoning
- 1 tsp garlic salt
- 3 tbsp olive oil
- 1 medium yellow onion cut into rings
- 1 cup water
- 11 oz can of CONDENSED cream of chicken soup
- you can also use cream of celery OR cream of mushroom!
- Rinse and Pat dry your turkey wings.
- Drizzle the olive oil on to the turkey, then rub all over the turkey.
- Season the turkey wings with the ALL of the seasoning call for in the recipe, and be sure to season BOTH sides of the turkey!
- Place the turkey in a roaster pan(preferable), or a baking dish.
- Place the onions on top of the turkey.
- Pour 2 cups of water in the roaster pan/baking dish, the cover the turkey with a lid, foil.
- Bake the turkey wings on 350 F, for 35 minutes.
- Once the 35 minutes are up, remove the turkey from the oven.
- There will be a lot of broth at the bottom of the pan/dish.
- Place ALL of the broth from the turkey dish into a large bowl.
- Add the can of cream of chicken soup to the broth, and mix until everything is well incorporated( It is okay if there are a few lump in the broth/soup mix. Once we cook with it, the lumps will dissolve!).
- At this time the turkey should be in the roaster/dish.
- Pour the broth/soup mixture over the turkey.
- Cover the turkey with the lid or foil, and bake on 350 F for another 30 minutes.
- Once the turkey is done, Let it sit for at least 5 minutes before serving.
Thanks Rosie this is an awesome recipe! I will be making this for the second time. They came out perfect the first time, however I will be using the crockpot this this time. Hope I have the same results.
Could u use Turkey legs instead of wings
Can you please tell me what no salt seasoning you used?
I usually use Trader Joes 21 salute seasoning or Mrs. Dash.
Jai Jones says
Hello Rosie was trying to follow you on facebook, but couldn’t get a definite page. But i wanted to know on this recipe you posted 3 Large wings…is there any chance you know the lbs? I have wings but 4 in a pack weighing around 1.50lbs and wanted to know whether or not i needed to double the recipe because your wings actually look bigger.
My three wings came out to be approximately 2 lbs. They were quite large. You can use what you have. I don’t think you have to change the recipe.
I Cooked The Turkey Wings(For The First Time) Yesterday 3/10/2019 Per Your Recipe And I Must Say They Were Delicious Thanks So Much For This Fabulous Recipe Rosie☺❤
Hello I love all of your recipes for this one if i want to make 12 wings do I triple the recipe
Yes, I think that should work! 🙂
Would you recommend doing the exact same recipie if doing it in a crock pot? If so, great, if not, what would you recommend?
I never tried this recipe in the CrockPot, so I couldn’t give you a definite answer.
I made this for Sunday dinner. Boy! The flavors are so yummy. Thanks for posting.
Tried these today! Bomb.com…. My family devoured the entire pot! Lol thanks… Can’t wait to try your other recipes
Awesome! Glad that you liked the recipe! XOXO
Dorothy Mayberry says
Can I use Lipton onion soup
You can use whatever you want for your turkey wings.
These were so good n tender! I used my own seasoning & added celery & carrots. Only complaint was my skin wasn’t crispy ( I hate slimy “wet” skin) but next time I’ll cook them longer b4 I add the gravy. I think that was the problem?????
Thank you for your comment! I think I should update my smothered turkey wings recipe. I totally understand 🙂
Where is the written version of this recipe. I cannot find it anywhere. I can only find the youtube version. Thanks
Th recipe is now there. Sorry about that!
I just want to say, these turkey wings was delicious!
I made them tonight for dinner!
Instead of using 3 large turkey wings stated in the recipe. I used 5 small-medium size turkey wings and it turn out perfect, plus I add a little smoked paprika to the seasoning as well..
Great job again rosie! Your recipe are the best on the whole entire planet. I try many other people recipes but nothing compare to how great your cooking is. Just one of the but, i appreciate all you do and showing us what good cooking is. Keep up the good work. And keep many more recipes coming.
Your biggest fan!
Hi Sharon!!!! Thank you so much for the kind words!!! You’re too sweet! Xoxo
Thank you Rosie this recipe is the the best. Keep those recipes coming. Can we see a seafood from you sometime soon?
Hi Keshia! Any seafood recipe in particular?
I’m currently fixing this recipe for dinner tonight and can’t wait to taste them. I wanted to make you aware that the cups of water you have listed is different. The ingredients state 1 cup however the instructions say 2 cups. I figured 2 cups will only leave me more broth for the gravy which is my favorite.
Thanks for bringing that to my attention
can this recipe be used on other meats as well such as legs thighs etc?
Hi Courtney! Absolutely.
I have question about the cooking time. For this recipe its a total cooking time of 70 minutes but in the turkey wing recipe that you made with the dressing its about 2.5 hours. I would love to make this for Christmas dinner. Can you please explain the big difference in time. Thanks!
They are two different recipes. That’s why they have different cooking times :0)
How many servings is this recipe? I want to make for Easter. Thank you.
It will should be about 6 servings.
Sheronda Rose says
I love recipe I use it on chicken instead and it’s a hit everytime
Glad that you liked the recipe:-D
Can I use the same recipe you have for smothered turkey legs where you make your own gravy. Where you could the legs 2 hours at 325 and then add the mushroom soup and cook for another 1 hour and 30 mins.thanks in advancem
Yes you can 🙂
I used cream of broccoli soup turned out great