Fork tender turkey chops smothered in a creamy onion, garlic, and mushroom gravy!
So many of you have been asking me to upload turkey chop recipes for ages now. It’s not that I have been ignoring you, it’s that it was hard as heck to find turkey chops in my area! I searched high and low, and I simply could not find them! I finally just purchase a huge turkey breast from Krogers, and asked them to to cut it into chops. Why the heck didn’t I think of this before?! ANYWAY- Fast forward! I finally have a turkey chop recipe for you all. You can trust, and believe that this will not be the last one!
In this post I’m going to show you how to make the best turkey chops EVER!
We are going to smother these chops in a homemade turkey gravy made of turkey stock, butter, flour. We’re then going to load the gravy with onions, garlic, and mushroom. Sounds good doesn’t it? It tastes even better( and I’m not just saying this because I made it!). These turkey chops come out so tender and flavorful every single time. The are best served with mashed potatoes, rice, or egg noodles. I also like serving them with broccoli or asparagus.
Watch how I make these delicious turkey chops!
Smothered Turkey Chops
- 2 lbs turkey chops
- 1/2 cup all purpose flour
- 1/2 tsp ground black pepper
- 1 1/2 tsp kosher salt
- 1 tsp poultry seasoning
- 1 tsp garlic powder
- 1 tsp onion powder
- 1/4 cup vegetable oil to fry with
- 4 tbsp salted butter
- 4 cups turkey stock
- 1/4 cup half & half
- 1/4 medium onion sliced
- 1 tbsp minced garlic
- 2/3 cup sliced mushrooms
- Season each side of the turkey chops with salt, pepper, onion powder, and garlic powder.
- Pour the all purpose flour into a large freezer bag, then toss in the chops.
- Shake the bag until all of the chops are coated with flour.
- Remove the chops from the bag, but keep the leftover flour.
- Pour 1/4 cup of vegetable oil into a medium sized pan, then place over medium heat.
- Fry each side of the chops until they are golden, then remove from the pan.
- Put the chops in a 9x13 bake dish.
- Head back to the stovetop, and toss in 4 tbsp of butter into the pan.
- Whisk in, then sprinkle in the leftover flour, and whisk some more.
- Slowly pour in the turkey stock, while whisking.
- Pour in the half and half, and whisk.
- Next, add in the minced garlic, onions, and mushrooms, and stir.
- Let cook for 5 minutes, then remove from heat.
- Pour the gravy over the turkey chops.
- Cover the bake bake dish with foil.
- Bake on 350 F, for 1 hour and 15 minutes.
- Remove from the oven, and let sit for 5 minutes.
- Serve with desired side dishes, and enjoy!