Thanksgiving is in days, and you know I couldn’t leave you without sharing the easiest thanksgiving turkey recipe ever. You will not only be pleased with the fact that you DO NOT have to brine this turkey, but this recipe is extremely easy! I don’t feel the need to make my turkey recipes complicate when I have a billion other things to cook on Thanksgiving. I guess I get that from my mom. I remember watching her make her Thanksgiving turkey, and she use to keep it simple. She didn’t add a million ingredients, and nor did she brine it. That gave her more time to focus on the many side dishes, and dessert. She was never overwhelmed, a you shouldn’t be either. It’s a holiday for goodness sakes, you should enjoy it instead of stressing about a your turkey.
This recipe is practically fool proof. As long as you following it step by step ( PLEASE WATCH THE VIDEO BELOW) you should be fine 😉
I wish you all a blessed Thanksgiving!
The Easiest Thanksgiving Turkey Recipe
- 10 lb turkey
- 1 tbsp ground sage
- 1 tsp seasoning salt
- 1 tsp garlic salt
- 1 tbsp crushed basil leaves
- 2 large lemons
- 1 large onion
- 1 1/2 stick butter
- 2 tbsp minced garlic
- 1 tbsp ground sage
- 1 tsp salt
- Rinse your turkey under cool water, then pat dry.
- Remove any excess skin around the neck, and tail area.
- Carefully loosen up your turkey's skin with a plastic spatula.
- Use about 3/4 cup of the "turkey butter" under the turkey's skin. Be sure to get ALL around in the turkey.
- Any extra butter left on your hands, rub onto the turkey's skin.
- Season your turkey with the seasoning salt, garlic salt, basil, and sage.
- Be sure to get all surfaces of the turkey.
- Preheat your oven to 375.
- Place the turkey into your chosen roaster, and cover.
- Bake for 2 hours.
- Remove from the oven and brush the remaining of the "turkey butter" onto the turkey.
- Leave the the turkey uncovered, and place it back into the oven for an additional 30 minutes.
- Remove the turkey from the oven, and let it rest for 15 minutes before serving.