Creamy cheesy macaroni and cheese made in the CrockPot!
Hey cousins! Since so many of you loved all over variations of baked & stovetop macaroni and cheese recipes, I decided to circle back and share my recipe for slow cooker macaroni and cheese. This recipe is super convenient! You don’t have to boil nor drain pasta. You also don’t have to worry about babysitting this side dish. This slow cooker mac is super simple yet packed with so much flavor. I don’t use any gouda, Velveeta, or any expensive cheeses. Nor do I use evaporated milk, or eggs. I keep it simple when it comes to this crockpot mac. If you’re looking for the perfect mac and cheese recipe to serve on Christmas, or Easter this is definitely the one for you!
Alright cousins! Head to the grocery store, and to gather up these ingredients!
Ingredients needed for this creamy slow cooker macaroni and cheese
- UNCOOKED macaroni noodles
- sharp cheddar cheese
- colby cheese
- half & half: For best results, use half & half instead of using whole milk. The half & half makes the macaroni and cheese a lot creamier!
- Campbell’s Cheddar Cheese condensed soup: This will work as our cheese sauce. If you’re not a fan of using the cheese soup, you can use 12 – 15 ounces of Velveeta or American cheese.
- black pepper
- paprika smoked, or plain
Since I use a nice amount of cheeses, I don’t add any salt. However, if you’d like to add a teaspoon salt, feel free to do so!
When it comes to this recipe, a lot of people ask me if I stir occasionally. I personally don’t stir once my crock pot mac starts cooking. However, you can if you choose. Actually if you have an older slow cooker, I highly suggest it!
Keep in mind that older CrockPots run a little hotter than newer slow cookers. Therefore if you have an older slow cooker, it may take less time to cook. To prevent the dish from burning, check on it periodically!
You can certainly place the leftovers in the refrigerator. When you’re ready to have some more, simply reheat this macaroni and cheese in the microwave!
Watch my video tutorial for this recipe!
YES, you CAN double this recipe. Just make sure that your slow cooker is big enough to do so .. XOXO
Best Slow Cooker Macaroni and Cheese Recipe
- 3 cups UNCOOKED elbow macaroni pasta
- 2 cups sharp cheddar cheese shredded
- 1 cup colby cheese shredded
- 3 tbsp butter
- 2 & 3/4 cup half & half
- 1 15 oz can Campbell’s Cheddar Cheese condensed soup
- 1/2 tsp ground black pepper
- 1/2 tsp paprika smoked or plain
- Combine the half & half with the cheddar cheese soup, and mix until it’s nice and smooth.
- Next, sprinkle in the paprika and black pepper, and mix.
- Pour the elbow macaroni and cheese into the crock pot, half of the shredded cheddar & colby, the cut butter, and half & half/ cheddar soup mixture.
- Mix until well incorporated.
- Top off with the remaining shredded cheese.
- Put the lid on top of the slow cooker, then set the slow cooker on low.
- Let cook for 3 hours.
- Serve and enjoy!