It’s no secret that I am a lover of cornbread. That’s why when I heard of honey jalapeno cornbread, I literally went bananas! I mean let’s think about it… Honey AND jalapenos?! Sweet and Spicy… What’s not to love?
This delicious cornbread goes with almost anything. Simply replace your usual cornbread or dinner rolls with this, and you are good to go. Here is the recipe!
Homemade Honey Jalapeno Cornbread
- 1 cup cornmeal I prefer yellow, but white cornmeal will work
- 1 cup all purpose flour
- 4 tsp of baking powder
- 1 tsp salt
- 2 large eggs
- 1 cup buttermilk
- 1/3 cup pure honey plus 2 tbsp
- 1 stick butter half melted, and the other half softened
- 2 tsp of vegetable oil
- 2-3 large jalapeno peppers diced and seeds removed
- Place the cornmeal, flour, baking powder, and salt into a large mixing bowl. Mix the ingredients well, then add in the eggs, buttermilk, and melted butter and mix.
- Pour 2 tsp of vegetable oil into a sauce pan, and turn the heat up to medium. Place the diced jalapenos into the pan, and cook until they soften.
- Pour the the honey into the cornbread batter, and toss in the diced jalapenos. Fold in.
- Spray a 9x11 bake dish with baking spray, and pour the cornbread batter into the dish.
- Bake on 400 for 20-25 minutes.
- In a small bowl add 1/2 stick of butter and 2 tbsp of honey. Mix until it's nice and creamy.
- Remove the cornbread from the oven, and brush on the honey and butter mixture.
- Let sit for 5 minutes, then serve!