Grilled Honey Jalapeno Shrimp Tacos
These sweet and spicy shrimp tacos are a simple and delicious summer meal! Topped with a fresh tropical salsa, these tacos pair perfectly with an ice-cold margarita on a hot summer night.
Servings 4 servings
Grilled Honey Jalapeno Shrimp
- 1 lb shrimp peeled
- 2 tbsp olive oil
- 1/4 cup pure honey
- 1 tbsp minced garlic
- 1 large jalapeno diced or chopped
- 1 lemon juice only
- Flour or corn tortillas
- 1 cup tropical frozen fruit mangos, papaya, pineapple
- 1 Roma tomato
- 1 large jalapeno seeds removed
- 1 small lime juice only
- 3 green onions chopped
- 1/2 small onion diced
- 2 tbsp chopped cilantro
- In a large bowl, add shrimp. Drizzle with olive oil and add garlic, jalapenos, lemon juice, seasoning, and honey. Mix until shrimp is well-coated.
- Heat a skillet or grill pan over medium-high heat.
- Grill the shrimp until it is no longer translucent. Don’t overcook the shrimp or they will be rubbery and no good!
- Lightly toast the tortillas with a little olive oil until warm.
- Assemble tacos with salsa, serve and enjoy!
To make the tropical salsa:
- In a bowl, mix the fresh (or frozetropical fruit mixure of mangos, papaya, and pineapple with chopped onions, cilantro, and jalapenos.
- Squeeze the juice of 1 small lime into the salsa and mix.