“Homemade old fashioned beef goulash recipe with ground beef, corn, peas , garlic, onions, and more! Just like Grandma used to make!”
A Classic Recipe for Old Fashioned Beef Goulash!
I just love a good old fashioned beef goulash recipe! You know the kind with ground beef, onions, and mixed vegetables? Well that’s the way my family and I make it!
So first things first, I make an old fashioned American style goulash. In this post, I will not be sharing a German Goulash recipe. This cheesy goulash is packed with flavor, and all the ingredients used can be found at your local grocery store, for cheap. Because this recipe is a super frugal one!
While you’re here, check out some of my other recipes!
As mentioned, I use ground beef in my goulash. However, if you’d like to use ground turkey, or even ground chicken you certainly can!
FYI, If you like this recipe, you’ll love my Baked Spaghetti Recipe as well!
Watch me make this Old Fashioned Beef Goulash Recipe, and don’t forget to follow me on Pinterest, Instagram, Facebook and YouTube! 🙂
Old Fashioned Goulash
- 1 lb lean ground beef
- 1 1/2 cup elbow macaroni uncooked
- 1 medium sized red onion diced
- 1 tbsp minced garlic
- 1/2 cup frozen corn
- 1/2 cup frozen peas & carrots
- 6 tbsp tomato paste
- 1 tbsp worcestershire sauce
- 2 tsp Italian seasoning
- 2 1/2 tsp seasoning salt
- 1 tsp ground black pepper
- 1 tsp ground cumin
- 28 oz canned diced tomatoes in tomato juice
- 2 1/2 cup chicken broth
- 2 bay leaves
- 1 cup shredded sharp cheddar cheese
- Brown the ground beef over medium heat, and drain.
- Sprinkle in the seasonings at this time, then toss in the onions, corn, and peas & carrots.
- Give everything a nice stir, then add in the tomato paste, worcestershire sauce, and tomatoes.
- Pour in the chicken broth, add in the bay leaves ,then stir.
- Add in the elbow macaroni, and stir.
- Reduce the heat from medium to low.
- Stir, then cover the pot.
- Let simmer until the pasta is tender.
- Stir the ingredients, top off with 1 cup shredded sharp cheddar.
- Place the lid back onto the pot, and turn the heat off.
- Let sit for 10 minutes.
- Serve and enjoy!