Rosie's Ultimate Chili Recipe
- 1 lb ground beef
- 1/2 lb ground Italian sausage
- 3 andouille sausage links chopped
- 1 medium yellow onion chopped
- 1 medium red bell pepper chopped
- 1 medium orange bell pepper chopped
- 1 medium yellow pepper chopped
- 28 oz canned stewed tomatoes
- 1 package of chili seasoning
- 2 tsp onion powder
- 2 tsp garlic powder
- 15 oz canned blackeye peas drained and rinsed
- 15 oz canned red kidney beans drained and rinsed
- 15 oz canned pinto beans drained and rinsed
- 1 cup water
- Brown the ground beef and ground Italian sausage together in a large pot, over medium heat.
- Next add in the andouille sausage, onions, and chopped peppers.
- Drain the fat from the bottom of the pot, now add in the stewed tomatoes.
- Give everything a nice stir, then sprinkle in the seasonings.
- Add in the beans (make sure you drain and rinse them beforehand).
- Pour in 1 cup of water, stir, and place the lid on the pot.
- Let cook for 1 1/2 hours, but stir periodically.
- Serve the chili with your favorite fixings, and enjoy!