Easter is right around the corner, and It wouldn’t be right if I didn’t share a recipe for my Ultimate Carrot Cake! I’m one of those people who love a nice slice of carrot cake with lots of cream cheese frosting. I’m also one of those carrot cake lovers that love my cake full loaded. What do I mean? I mean, I love it ALL in my carrot cake. Please don’t serve me a piece of cake with carrots, and spice and think it’s all nice. I need the pineapple, the raisins, and the coconut too! That’s just how “I” like it. If you’re one of those people who don’t like the extra ingredients, by all means, leave it out. However, I highly suggest that you don’t try to substitute any of the other ingredients.
This recipe yields 2 9 inch round cakes!
The Ultimate Carrot Cake Recipe
Carrot Cake batter
- 2 cups shredded carrots
- 1 cup raisins
- 1 cup sweetened shredded coconut
- 1/3 cup crushed pineapple
- 3 eggs
- 3/4 cup buttermilk
- 3/4 vegetable oil
- 1 tbsp vanilla
- 1 tbsp ground cinnamon
- 2 cups all purpose flour
- 1 1/2 cup granulated sugar
- 1 tbsp baking powder
Cream Cheese Frosting
- 8 oz cream cheese
- 1/2 cup butter
- 4 cups confectioners sugar
- 1 tbsp vanilla extract
- Preheat the oven to 350.
- In a large bowl add the eggs, buttermilk,oil, and sugar. Mix the ingredients
- In a separate bowl, add the flour, salt, baking powder, and cinnamon. Sift the ingredients.
- Slowly add the flour mixture with the egg mixture, and mix.
- In a separate bowl add the shredded carrots, raisins, coconut, and pineapple. Mix.
- Add the carrot mixture into the cake batter, and fold in.
- Pour the batter into two 9 inch pan. Be sure to grease and flour them (no need to flour a nonstick pan).
- Bake for 40 minutes on 350.
Making the Frosting
- Cream the cream cheese and butter together.
- Add the confectioners sugar, and vanilla.
- Mix until smooth