An easy classic tuna casserole recipe, that is perfect for those busy weeknights. Even the kids will love this dish!
Check out this Easy Tuna Casserole Recipe Below!
I love a delicious classic tuna casserole recipe. However, I rarely make tuna casserole from scratch. These days I prefer to make a easy tuna casserole, and I take plenty of shortcuts! I like using mixed frozen vegetables, onions, and yes- I like to use cream of mushroom ( or celery) soup as well. There are some people that like make tuna casserole without soup, and instead they like make their tuna casserole with mayo. To be honest, I am not a fan of mayo in my tuna casserole these days, so again I use cream of mushroom, or cream of celery soup.
In addition to using the soup in my tuna casserole recipe, I also use store bought alfredo sauce( my lil secret ingredient! LOL!!)! The combination of the two are amazing, and always result in a super creamy, and flavorful casserole.
While you’re here, check out some of my other casserole recipes!
I’ve been noticing that tuna casserole with potato chips is quite popular these days. However, I do not top my tuna casserole with potato chips. Instead I use crushed cheese & garlic croutons, or seasoned bread crumbs. The outcome is freaking amazing!
As far as pasta, I usually use rotini, or pasta shells. However, you can make your tuna casserole with egg noodles, or even elbow macaroni.
This is truly the best tuna casserole recipe! My son and I ( poor hubby is allergic to seafood), LOVE this recipe, and I think that your family will too. Give it a try, and tell me what you think down below.
Print the recipe and subscribe to my mailing list for more free recipes! Follow me on Facebook, Instagram, Pinterest and YouTube!
Easy Tuna Casserole Recipe
- 3 cups rotini pasta uncooked
- 12 oz canned tuna drained
- 1 1/2 cup frozen mixed vegetables
- 1/4 cup diced red bell peppers
- 1/4 cup diced green onions
- 1/4 cup diced onions red, yellow, or white.. doesn't matter
- 10.5 oz can of cream of mushroom
- 12 oz of alfredo sauce
- 2 cups shredded sharp cheddar cheese
- 1 tsp minced garlic
- 2 tsp salt
- 1 tsp ground black pepper
- 2 cups garlic & cheese croutons crushed OR Seasoned bread crumbs
- 2 tbsp butter
- 2 tsp parsley flakes optional
- Boil the rotini until it is nice and al dente', then drain, and set to the side.
- Next toss all of the chopped onions, peppers, garlic, and mixed vegetables into a large mixing bowl.
- Next add in the tuna, and 3/4 cup of sharp cheddar cheese.
- Now add in the alfredo sauce, and cream of mushroom soup.
- Fold the ingredients, then add in the rotini.
- Sprinkle in the salt & pepper.
- Fold everything until well combined.
- Preheat your oven to 375 F.
- Butter a medium sized casserole dish.
- Add the tuna casserole mixture into the dish, spread throughout the dish.
- Sprinkle the remaining cheese on top of the casserole.
- Sprinkle on the crouton crumbs OR seasoned bread crumbs, then the parsley flakes.
- Leave the casserole uncovered, and bake for 40 minutes.
- Let sit for 10 minutes before serving.