Hi friends! Here is another installment of my Dinner For Two series! The last couple of video recipes, I’ve been cooking steak, and jumbo shrimp. Obviously not everyone wants to indulge in something heavy all the time, nor can everyone afford to eat T-bone steaks all the time (I know I can’t!). With this video I wanted to make something that we all can afford to eat and make. We’re making Tuna Pasta Salad. This recipe is super easy to put together. It’s honestly beautiful salad. It’s a creamy pasta salad full of crunchy vegetables and fork tender tuna. If you’re not a tuna lover, you can replace it with chicken.
This meal is super affordable! I personally spent less than $5 to make this( I’m a couponer!) and I had plenty of left overs! You can serve this along with some bread sticks, and a small green salad to make this dish a complete meal. Also, if you’re a wine lover I suggest a nice white wine.
DFT: Tuna Pasta Salad Recipe
- 7 oz bag of uncooked elbow macaroni
- 2 medium sized carrots peeled and chopped
- 4 green onions chopped
- 1/4 cup dill relish
- 2 tbsp sweet relish
- 1/2 cup mayo
- 2 boiled eggs crumbled
- 2 5 oz cans of tuna. drained
- 1 tsp seasoning salt
- 1/2 tsp ground black pepper
- 1 tsp smoked paprika
- 1 tsp dried parsley flakes
- Cook the pasta until it is fully cooked, then drain.
- Add all of the ingredients in a large mixing bowl, and fold. Make sure all of the ingredients are well incorporated.
- Refrigerate the salad for a 1-2 hours.
- Serve the salad!