People are always amazed when I tell them that one of my favorite comfort foods is a nice creamy tuna melt. I guess they assume that I could have anything in the world, so why choose tuna. My answer is, is all about the combination in the salad. Not every tuna salad is appetizing to me. I actually dislike a lot of sub shops tuna salad. The dryness, and the lack of ingredients bug the heck out of me. I stick with making my very own tuna salad. I got this recipe from my mom, and in my opinion, there’s not a better recipe for tuna salad. Try it out, and tell me how you make your tuna salad! 🙂
Yummy Tuna Salad
- 2 hard-boiled eggs
- 1 can tuna drained
- ½ tablespoon sweet and dill relish
- ¼ cup chopped celery
- ¼ cup chopped onions
- ½ teaspoon seasoning salt
- ¼ teaspoon garlic powder
- ⅛ teaspoon salt
- ¼ teaspoon ground black pepper divided
- 1 tablespoon mayonnaise
- 4 slices bread
- In a bowl, smash two hard boiled eggs with a fork until they resemble crumbs.
- Add can of tuna to the eggs. Mix.
- Add in relish, celery and onions, mix well.
- Add seasoning salt, garlic powder, salt and black pepper, mix well.
- Add one tablespoon of mayonnaise. Mix well.
- Spread tuna salad on one slice of bread, top with another slice
- Cut and serve.