Easy Chicken Parmesan Casserole Made in Under 40 Minutes!
A Tasty Recipe for Chicken Parmesan Casserole!
Hey friends! The other day, I was craving chicken parmesan. As much as I wanted it, I didn’t want to actually go through the steps to make it, so I decided to take a shortcut: I ended up making chicken parmesan casserole! The whole meal took me about 35 minutes to put together. Let me show & tell you how I did it.
Since I was pushing for time (and feeling kinda lazy!), I decided to use some store-bought chicken that I bought the day before. OMG, have you ever tried Safeway’s Rotisserie Chicken?! AHH-MAZINGGGGGG!!!
I also used my homemade vegetable marinara sauce. If you don’t have any homemade sauce on hand, it’s okay, I will give you a pass. Feel free to use your favorite pasta sauce; however, make sure you check out my vegetable marinara sauce, and thank me later!
The pasta that I used was angel hair pasta. I love how thin and light angel hair pasta is, and it was perfect for this casserole!
You can’t have chicken parmesan ANYTHING without bread crumbs. I decided to go with the best darn bread crumbs out there….Progresso’s Italian Style Bread Crumbs. Not a fan of Italian style? Feel free to use plain bread crumbs or even panko!
Oh, before I forget, I used a combination of mozzarella and parmesan cheese. You can do the same or buy an Italian cheese blend.
Okay, so now that all of my yapping is out of the way, who’s ready to cook?!
Here’s my Chicken Parmesan Casserole video tutorial!
Let me know how you enjoyed this recipe. Tag me on Facebook, Instagram, and Pinterest, subscribe to I Heart Recipes on YouTube, and check out my brand new cookbook, Super Soul Food with Cousin Rosie, loaded with many recipes you can’t find anywhere else.
Chicken Parmesan Casserole
- Drizzle in the oil into a skillet, and turn the heat on medium.
- Toss in the chicken, and cook for 2-3 minutes.
- Pour in the pasta sauce, and mix until well combined.
- Meanwhile cook angel hair pasta until it’s al dente, then drain.
- Add the pasta into the skillet with the sauce, and chicken.
- Mix until well combined.
- Spray a 8×8 bake dish with nonstick spray.
- Add in the pasta.
- Sprinkle the bread crumbs on top, followed by the cheese.
- Sprinkle the parsley flakes on top of the casserole.
- Bake on 400 F for 15-20 minutes.
- Serve and enjoy!