Chicken drenched in coconut milk & curry mixture, then tossed in flour, and fried until it’s crispy and golden brown!
I am a firm believer that you can not have too many fried chicken recipes. That’s why I’m going to share another simple fried chicken recipe with y’all!
The chicken will marinate in coconut milk seasoned with curry powder, jerk seasoning, thyme, and more. Then it will be coated with seasoned flour, and fried to crispy golden, and juicy perfection.
Check out my video tutorial for this easy fried chicken recipe!
Coconut Curry Fried Chicken
- 2 lbs chicken I used legs
- 14 -16 oz can of coconut milk
- 2 tbsp curry powder
- 1 1/2 tsp cayenne
- 1 tbsp dry or fresh thyme leaves
- 1 tsp cracked black pepper
- 1/2 tsp kosher salt
- 2 tsp jerk seasoning
- 2 cups oil I used peanut oil
- Seasoned Flour
- 2 cups self rising flour
- 2 tsp kosher salt
- 1 tsp fresh cracked or ground black pepper
- Wash the chicken, then place it in a large bowl.
- Shake the can of coconut milk, then pour the milk all over the chicken.
- Sprinkle in the curry powder, thyme, salt, pepper, cayenne, and jerk chicken.
- Mix and stir everything, then cover and refrigerate for a minimum of 4 hours.
- Remove from the refrigerate, and let it reach room temperature.
- In large bowl combine the ingredients for the seasoned flour, and stir until well combined.
- Remove the chicken from the coconut milk, and lightly shake off the excess.
- Coat the chicken with the seasoned flour, shake off the excess, then set it on cookie sheet or pan.
- Let the chicken sit for about 5 minutes, so that the flour can properly stick.
- Pour the peanut oil( or other vegetable oil) into your frying pan, deep fryer or etc.
- Heat the oil to 350 - 375 F.
- Once the oil is nice and hot, start adding in the chicken, but DO NOT overcrowd the pan / fryer!
- Fry the chicken, until it's cooked throughout, and it's golden brown.
- Remove from the oil, and place the chicken on a paper towel lined cookie sheet, dish, or plate until it's cool enough to eat.