Hey cousins! I have another fried chicken recipe for you to enjoy. This time around we’re going to make Spicy Fried Chicken. In the past I’ve share Waffle Fried Chicken, Traditional Southern Fried Chicken, and even Coconut Curry Fried Chicken. Since y’all loved those recipes so much, I thought it would only be right to add this recipe to your collection.
First things first. If you don’t like spicy food, this is not the recipe for you. If want something a tad bit spicier, feel free to add more red pepper flakes, or a dash of cayenne pepper.
Watch me make this Spicy Fried Chicken!
Spicy Fried Chicken
- 2 1/2 – 3 lbs chicken I used wings
- 1 1/2 cup self rising flour
- 1/2 cup mild hot sauce
- 2 tsp creole seasoning or seasoning salt
- 2 tsp garlic powder
- 1 tsp ground black pepper
- 2 tsp paprika
- 1 tsp dried thyme
- 2 tsp crushed red pepper flakes
- enough oil to deep fry
- Make sure the chicken is nice and clean before anything. Then drizzle the hot sauce all over the chicken then set the chicken to the side.
- Preheat the oil to 350-360 F.
- Now grab a large freezer bag, and add in the flour, seasonings, and herbs. Shake the bag to ensure that everything is well mixed.
- Start tossing the chicken into the seasoning flour, close the bag, then shake. Make sure the chicken is well coated, then remove it from the flour.
- Once the oil is nice and hot, start adding in the chicken. Be sure not to over crowd the fryer/ pan!
- Fry the chicken until it's golden brown, and fully cooked.
- Serve and enjoy with your favorite sides.