This southern oven fried chicken recipe is simply the best. It always comes out super flavorful and extra crispy.
So a a while back while doing an Instagram live video, a few viewers asked me to make some southern oven fried chicken. Well I agreed, so here I am sharing my recipe for some good old fashioned crispy oven fried chicken that will knock your freaking socks off! My recipe for southern oven fried chicken is pretty darn simple, and it comes out perfect every time!
For this oven fried chicken you will need some really basic ingredients. First you’ll need to decide on which pieces that you want to use. I don’t know about y’all, but I love oven fried chicken thighs. But, then again I love oven fried chicken drumsticks… Heck I love it all, even oven fried chicken breast. Lucky for us, my southern oven fried chicken will work with all pieces of chicken.
Y’all know my love of fried chicken recipes! Here are a few more fan-favorite fried chicken recipes to try!
- Spicy Fried Chicken
- Traditional Southern Fried Chicken
- Extra Crispy Oven Fried Chicken
- Waffle Fried Chicken
Okay so I’ll say it again y’all. This is seriously the best oven fried chicken recipe! No joke. So if you plan to make it for a crowd, make sure that there is plenty to go around, because people will fight over this chicken y’all!
Scroll down to print my oven fried chicken recipe, but first let’s share it on Pinterest!
Watch me make my southern oven fried chicken! Don’t forget to subscribe to I Heart Reciepes on YouTube and never miss a recipe upload.
Southern Oven Fried Chicken
- Preheat the oven to 400 F.
- Make sure that the chicken is nice and clean, then set to the side.
- Next, combine the hot sauce and egg in a bowl. Mix until well combined.
- Pour the hot sauce and egg mixture all over the chicken, and make sure that the chicken is nicely coated.
- Now combine the flour, bread crumbs, seasoning salt, black pepper, onion powder, garlic powder, and poultry seasoning. Mix until well combined.
- Once the flour and seasonings are well combined, coat all of the pieces of chicken.
- Now grab a cookie sheet or sheet pan and cooling rack. Place the cooling rack on top of the cookie sheet.
- Spray the rack with with vegetable oil, then place the chicken on top of the rack.
- Spray each piece of chicken with oil until it's well coated. Make sure to get both sides.
- Place the chicken in the oven, and bake for 35-40 minutes, or until it's golden brown and cooked throughout!
- Serve and enjoy!