Chicken coated with waffle batter, flour, and seasonings, then deep fried until it reaches golden perfection!
A Delicious and Simple Waffle Fried Chicken Recipe!
This brunch season everyone will be serving the same ol’ thing.. Bacon, Sausage, Eggs, Muffins, and etc. Not me! I will be showing out with unforgettable brunch menus! I’m talking about fabulous breakfast scrambles, cheese grits, homemade hash browns, and assortment of fresh ice teas, and of course my infamous Waffle Fried Chicken!
If you’ve been following me for a while, you probably remember that I uploaded this recipe several years ago. However, I’ve give this recipe a facelift since then. I now brine the chicken overnight prior to frying. I also season the chicken differently.
This chicken is perfect to serve for breakfast ( serve with grits, OMG… It’s FIRE!), brunch, or any other meals. It can also be served as an appetizer!
While you’re here, check out some of my other fried chicken recipes!
Print the recipe below and subscribe to my mailing list for more recipes! Follow me on Facebook, Instagram, Pinterest and YouTube!
I have so many fried chicken recipes. Check these out as well!
Alright y’all! Let’s make some Waffle Fried Chicken!
Waffle Fried Chicken
- 8 cups cold water
- 2 tbsp salt
- 4 tbsp sugar
- 2 lbs chicken wings separated
- 1/2 cup hot sauce
- 1 1/2 cup waffle mix
- 1/2 cup self rising flour
- 2 tsp seasoning salt
- 1 tsp ground black pepper
- 1/2 tsp cayenne pepper
- 2 1/2 cups Vegetable Oil
- Combine all the ingredients for the brine.
- Add all the chicken into a refrigerator safe bowl, then pour in the brine.
- Refrigerate the chicken overnight.
- Next, drain the brine, then pour the hot sauce all over the chicken.
- Next season the chicken with salt, pepper, and cayenne pepper.
- Sprinkle the waffle mix into a paper or plastic bag, along with the self rising flour.
- Coat the chicken with the waffle mix/ and flour mixture.
- Let the chicken sit for 10 minutes.
- Pour the oil into a large frying pan, and heat over medium heat.
- Once the oil is hot, start adding in the chicken.
- Be sure not to overcrowd the pan!
- Fry each side of the chicken for about 7 minutes, then turn over.
- Cook the chicken until it's completely done, and golden brown.
- Place the chicken on a paper towel lined plate.
- Let cool.
- Serve and enjoy!