I love Pizza! To me the only this better than Pizza is pasta (and a burger, but that’s another story!) One day I got bored and I wanted something different, and I made a pizza casserole. The cool thing about a Pizza Casserole is that you can adjust it to YOUR taste. Any toppings that you like on a pizza, you can try in, or on this pasta! Another cool thing- This stuff is super easy to make! It’s definitely a go to meal during the week days. Although I LOVE this casserole, it can be a little greasy, like most pizza. Since we’re dealing with cheese and meat, expect to see some grease (you can drain most of it). I like to clean as I go while making greasy foods. I highly recommend using Clorox Disinfecting Wipes! Those wipe cut through grease like magic! I love truly love them.
Easy Pizza Casserole
- To start, season and boil the water for your pasta. Add the penne to the boiling water and cook according to directions on the box.
- While the pasta is cooking, brown the Italian sausage. You can use mild or hot sausage, depending on your preference!
- Drain the excess fat from the Italian sausage. Then, add your pasta sauce. I used premade pasta sauce but you can make your own meat sauce if you’d like! For premade sauce, use whatever is your favorite brand.
- In a casserole baking dish, add your pasta and meat sauce. Mix together until well-combined. Season with Italian seasoning.
- Mix in pepperoni and shredded cheese. I used Italian cheese, but you can use whatever your favorite pizza cheese is (mozzarella, pepper jack, etc.),
- Top the pizza casserole with a layer of Italian cheese (my mixture is mozzarella, provolone, asiago, parmesan, and white cheddar).
- Top with your favorite pizza toppings! I used pepperoni, green bell peppers, onions, black olives, and mushrooms.
- Bake the pizza casserole at 350 for 30-35 minutes.
- Serve & enjoy!