How to make the best marinara sauce recipe. This homemade marinara sauce is quick, easy, and perfect for spaghetti or fried mozzarella cheese sticks!
One of the questions that I get asked a lot is if I make soul food, and other time consuming meals everyday of the week. My answer to to tat question is absolutely not! As a matter of fact during the week, I make quick meals like spaghetti or one pot pasta dishes. A lot of my quick and easy meals call for marinara, which I prefer to make homemade. And I must admit that I make the best ever marinara sauce!
My marinara sauce is made with crushed tomatoes, fresh oregano, basil, garlic, onions, and a dash of red pepper flakes. I use simple seasonings like kosher salt, and coarse black pepper. I also like to add a little bit of vegetable broth to bring the flavors up a notch.
This marinara sauce can be use for spaghetti, a meatball sub, and even pizza! The options are limitless. Be sure to try this recipe, and let me know what you think in the comment section below!
Best Ever Marinara Sauce
- (2) 28 oz canned crushed tomatoes
- 1 cup vegetable broth
- 1 medium yellow onion diced
- 2 tsp fresh chopped oregano
- 1 tbsp fresh chopped basil
- 1 tbsp minced garlic
- 1 1/2 tsp kosher salt
- 1 tsp coarse black pepper
- 1/2 tsp red pepper flakes
- t tbsp olive oil
- Drizzle the olive oil into a large pan, and warm it up over medium heat.
- Once the oil is nice and hot toss in the dice onions, and cook for 2 minutes.
- Add in the garlic followed by the crushed tomatoes, and vegetable broth. Stir.
- Sprinkle in the salt, pepper, and red pepper flakes. also add in the basil, and oregano.
- Stir the sauce, and reduce the heat to low.
- Let cook for 35 minutes.
- Serve and enjoy!