Easy Homemade Salted Caramel Sauce
- 1/2 cup granulated sugar
- 1/2 cup brown sugar
- 5 Tablespoons butter
- 1/2 cup heavy cream
- 1 teaspoon salt
- Place the sugar into a sauce pan over medium heat. The sugar will start to melt. Be sure to stir!
- The sugar will start to form clumps, and at this time add in the butter. Stir the ingredients together.
- Slowly add in the heavy cream, and stir continuously.
- Let the sauce boil for 1 minutes, then remove from the burner. You should STILL be stirring, otherwise you will have a lot of clumps!.
- Sprinkle in the salt, and stir.
- Let the sauce cool down, then use OR jar the sauce and place in the refrigerator. You can keep the sauce for up to 2 weeks.
Homemade sweet and lightly salted caramel sauce.
Here is a recipe for homemade salted caramel sauce. You can use this recipe for any dessert that calls for caramel sauce. If you don’t want it salted, simply leave the salt out! I love using this recipe for cupcakes, on ice cream, and donuts! I actually recently made bake apple sauce donuts, and used this sauce!
I think a lot of you will be pleasantly surprised on how easy this sauce is to make. People usually buy the premade stuff at the grocery store, and half of the time it doesn’t really taste like caramel. I can ensure you that this sauce is legit. It’s pure caramel. Since you’re making it, you know it will be free of unnecessary chemicals, and ingredients that you can’t pronounce( I hate buying stuff with 20 letter ingredients!).
I will be using this sauce in the future for several desserts, so feel free to save this recipe!