Sweet, Crunch and Lightly salted Caramel Popcorn…WARNING!!! This stuff is addicting!!!
The weather is changing and my favorite season is approaching! I LOVE fall. Everything from the crisp air, the rain ( I get lots of it since I live in the NorthWest) the colorful leaves, and the FOOD!! One of my favorite things to munch on during the fall is Caramel Popcorn. I know it sounds simple, and a lot of people eat it year round, but during the fall, is when I make my very own homemade caramel popcorn.
I love my homemade caramel popcorn more than any store bought or gourmet brand. It’s fresh, crunchy, and it’s easy to make.
I love making several batches of this popcorn for holidays parties, and it is always gone within minutes! Give this recipe a try, and tell me what you think!!!
Homemade Caramel Popcorn
- Place the popcorn into a huge bowl.
- Melt the butter over medium heat, and add in the brown sugar, salt, and corn syrup. Stir the ingredients until it's lump free.
- Turn the heat up to medium high, and let the mixture boil for 3 minutes without stirring.
- Remove the sauce pan from the heat, and now add in the vanilla extract and baking soda. Stir.
- Pour a little bit of the caramel over the popcorn and fold in. Repeat until, all the sauce is coating the popcorn.
- Place the popcorn on a greased foil lined cookie sheet, or two.
- Place the popcorn into the oven on 250 F, for 1 hour.
- Remove the popcorn from the oven, stir, and let cool for at least 30 minutes.