It’s been brought to my attention that I am not the only cornbread lover here! I’ve been getting emails, and Facebook post regarding this recipe.
There is no wonder why this has quickly become a viewers favorite. This sweet cornbread is so darn moist, and incredibly buttery. It’s amazing with chili, red beans and rice, and can even be use in your holiday dressing.
Try this recipe out for yourself, and let me know the outcome by leaving a comment down below!
Homemade Sweet Cornbread!
- 1 1/2 cups of self rising flour
- 1/2 cup of white corn meal
- 1/4 cup of brown sugar
- 1/2 cup of white sugar
- 1/2 tsp of salt
- 1 stick of sweet cream butter softened
- 2 eggs
- 1 1/4 cups of milk
- 1/4 cup of vegetable oil
- Combine the flour, corn meal, salt, and sugar in a large mixing bowl.
- In a separate bowl beat your eggs.
- Pour the milk, and vegetable oil into the bowl with eggs, then add in the butter.
- Mix until well combined.
- Combine the wet the ingredients, with the dry ingredients.
- Fold the ingredients until well combined.
- Grease a 8x8 bake pan, and pour the cornbread batter.
- Bake on 350 for 35 minutes.
- Serve and enjoy!
Leave a Comment