Cheesy baked ziti made easy. Perfect for recipe during the busy week!
When I was growing up, I think we had spaghetti at least once a week. I don’t know why, but I never got tired of it. Still until this day, I LOVE spaghetti. I’m huge on pasta dishes. I make pasta dishes a few times week, and my family never complains. Why? Because I always change it up! Once day we might have spaghetti, the next make be vegetable lasagna. Whatever the dish maybe, my guys love it.
In this post, I’m sharing a dish that no one can resist. I’m making Baked Ziti with a Meat Sauce!
This baked ziti dish nothing short of amazing ( and I’m not just saying that because I made it!). It’s packed with flavor, but does not require a lot of ingredients.
I make my own meat sauce for this ziti, but if you want to use a store bought sauce, I won’t hold it against you! 😀
The recipe is quite simple, and very easy to follow. Be sure to watch the video tutorial for visual instructions. Enjoy! XOXO
Baked Ziti with Meat Sauce
- 1 lb ground beef
- 2 tsp Italian seasoning
- 1 tsp salt
- 1/4 tsp ground black pepper
- 1 tsp garlic powder
- 1 tsp onion powder
- 1 tsp minced garlic
- 1/2 cup diced tomatoes
- 6 oz can tomato paste
- 1 cup water
- 2 tsp sugar
- 3 cups cooked penne pasta
- 2 1/2 cups shredded whole milk mozzarella cheese
- 1 tsp parsley flakes optional
- Cook the pasta until it is al dente, then drain the pasta under cool water.
- Place the ground beef into a pan, and place the pan over medium heat.
- Season the ground beef with the Italian seasoning, salt, pepper, onion powder, and garlic powder, then cook the meat until it browns.
- Once the meat browns, drain the fat, add in 1 tsp of minced garlic, then add in the tomatoes.
- Next, add in the tomato paste, then the water, and stir the ingredients.
- Sprinkle in the sugar, stir, then let the meat sauce cook over medium heat for 5 minutes.
- Place the meat sauce in your bake dish, then and in the pasta.
- Fold the ingredients, then add in the 1 cup cheese. Fold the cheese in with the other ingredients.
- Top the ziti off with the remaining cheese, then sprinkle the parsley flakes on top.
- Bake the ziti uncovered on 350 F, for 40 to 45 minutes.
- Let the ziti sit for 5 to 10 minutes before digging in.
Leave a Comment