Baked Ziti loaded with crab, shrimp, and lobster. Smothered in a creamy white cheesy sauce!
So a few months ago I shared my recipe for Lobster Macaroni & Cheese with Bacon Bread Crumbs. So many of you loved the recipe, but a lot of you requested that I make a pasta dish with crab, lobster, AND shrimp! Well say no more- Rosie has you covered!
- In this post I’m going to show you how I make my easy baked seafood ziti. I start off with a homemade creamy white cheese sauce made from evaporated milk, mascarpone cheese, fontal cheese, and Sicilian jack cheese. The cheese that I use are a little hard to find, so when I can’t find them, I use 2 of these cheeses:
- colby jack
- mozzarella cheese
- pepper jack
As far as seafood, I use crab, lobster meat, and shrimp. The crab that I used was the canned lump crab meat. The lobster that I used was cooked lobster meat that was found in the frozen department. I use uncooked shrimp that I buy from the seafood department, and I make sure to peel & devein it.
Check out my tutorial for my Seafood Baked Ziti
Seafood Baked Ziti
- 16 oz of dry ziti
- 5 tbsp salted butter
- 3 tbsp all purpose flour
- 14 oz evaporated milk or half & half
- 2/3 cup mascarpone cheese
- 1 1/2 cup shredded Sicilian jack cheese
- 2 cups shredded Italian style fontal cheese
- 1/2 lb uncooked jumbo shrimp peeled & deveined
- 1/2 lb lobster meat
- 1/2 lb crab meat
- Salt & Pepper for taste
- 2 tsp parsley flakes
Place 5 tbsp of butter in a medium sized saucepan, and melt over medium heat.
Sprinkle in the flour, and whisk until well combined.
Slowly pour in the evaporate milk, while whisking.
Next add in the mascarpone cheese, and whisk until melted.
Add in 1 1/2 cup fontal cheese, and 1 1/2 cup Sicilian jack cheese.
Whisk until everything is melted, and well combined, then reduce the heat to low medium.
Meanwhile the ziti should be boiling in lightly salted water. Cook until done, but still firm.
Drain pasta, then place into a 9x13 bake dish.
Add in the seafood, then fold.
Pour in the sauce, and fold.
Top off the ziti with the remaining 1/2 cup fontal cheese, and parsley flakes( optional).
Cover the ziti with foil.
Bake on 350 F for 20-25 minutes.
Let stand for 5 minutes.
Serve & enjoy!