Last week I shared a recipe for Baked Ziti with Meat Sauce. Well, in this post I will be sharing another amazing ziti recipe, but this time it’s Meatless. Don’t let this meatless pasta dish fool you. It’s packed with flavorful vegetables ( which you can customize), alfredo sauce, and of course cheese As many of you know, I love using frozen vegetables. For this recipe I used a combination of fresh and frozen. You can use whatever is your preference. The veggies used for this casserole were carrots, kale, and broccoli. I used what I had on hand and you should do the same. If you have a child that HATES vegetables, use this recipe to sneak them in. Kids are usually too busy enjoying the cheese and pasta, to realize that they’re also eating vegetables ( hey! I’m a mom… my son unknowingly eats veggies that he CLAIMS to hate all the time). Give this recipe a try, and tell me what you think. Just remember, to use what you have, and keep it on a budget! XOXO
Baked Vegetable Ziti
- 2 1/2 cups uncooked penne pasta
- 24 oz Alfredo sauce
- 1 cup kale chopped
- 1 cup broccoli chopped
- 1 cup carrots chopped
- 1/2 tsp salt
- 1 tsp garlic powder
- 1 tsp onion powder
- 1/4 tsp ground black pepper
- 2 tsp Italian seasonings
- 2/3 cup shredded colby and cheddar mix cheese
- 1 1/2 cup mozzarella
- Cook the pasta until it is al dente' then drain it, and place the pasta in a bake dish.
- Sprinkle in the garlic powder, Italian seasonings, onion powder, salt, and pepper. lightly toss the pasta.
- Add in all of the vegetables, and fold in.
- Pour the alfredo sauce over the pasta and vegetables, then stir in.
- Sprinkle in the cheddar and colby mixed cheese, and mix the ingredients until everything is nicely incorporated.
- Top the pasta off with the mozzarella cheese.
- Optional, sprinkle parsley flakes on top of the mozzarella.
- Bake the pasta, uncovered, on 350 F for 30 minutes.
- Let sit for 5 minutes before digging in!
- Enjoy with a nice green salad and bread sticks!