I’m kicking this series off ( again) with my version of Seafood Louie Pasta. This pasta is full of well seasoned jumbo shrimp, and chunks of crab ( or imitation crab) meat. As stated in my video, I am s fan of imitation crab, but if you’re not use real crab, or lobster meat. I used regular rotini pasta for this recipe, but sometime I use tri-color rotini.
You will need a nice grade of jarred Alfredo Sauce for this pasta. Here are some of my favorite brands
- Francesco Rinaldi
Again, I used jumbo shrimps which were about 12-14 a lb. I prefer larger shrimp with this dish. If you want to replace the jumbo shrimp with smaller shrimps, that should be fine!
This meal is quite easy to make, and I think you will enjoy it!
Don’t forget to watch my video demonstration 🙂
Seafood Louie Pasta
- 16 oz bag of rotini pasta
- 1 lb jumbo shrimps peeled and deveined
- 1 lb crab meat or imitation crab meat chopped
- 15 oz jar alfredo sauce
- 1/4 cup diced white or yellow onion
- 1/4 cup chopped green onion
- 4-5 tbsp butter
- 2 tsp Old Bay seafood seasoning
- 2 tsp seasoning salt
- 2 tsp smoked paprika
- 1 1/2 cup shredded parmesan cheese
- *parsley flakes
- *lemon wedges
- Line a cookie sheet with foil, then butter it.
- Place the shrimp on the cookie sheet.
- Melt down 1 tbsp of butter, then brush the butter on the shrimp.
- Sprinkle the Old Bay seasoning on the shrimp.
- Place the shrimp in a preheated oven, on 350 F, uncovered for 7 minutes.
- Cook the rotini pasta in lightly salted water until al dente.In a sauce pan, add 1 tbsp of butter, and melt down over medium heat. Add in all of the yellow or white onions, and 1/8 cup of the green onions.
- Cook the onions until they start to sweat, then add sprinkle 1 tsp of seasoning salt.
- Pour the alfredo sauce into the pan, and stir. Remove from the heat.
- Drain the pasta, then place it into a 9x13 bake dish.
- Add the shrimp, crab, and remaining green onions along with the pasta.
- Sprinkle in the remaining seasoning salt, smoked paprika, and parsley flakes.
- Pour the alfredo sauce over the pasta, and sprinkle in 1 cup of parmesan cheese.
- Fold in the ingredients, and bake in the oven on 350 F for about 5 to 7 minutes.
- Dish the pasta out into a pasta bowl, sprinkle a little of the parmesan cheese on top of the pasta.
- Place a few lemon wedges in the side of the pasta, and serve!