How to Make a Cheesy Southwestern Pasta Skillet in Less Than 30 Minutes!
Hi friends! As you all know, Cinco De Mayo is coming up, and I have the perfect recipe for you!
I’m going to show you how to make a Cheesy Southwestern Pasta Skillet (I bet I had you at “cheesy” 😛 ). This pasta dish is beyond delicious, and guess what, it takes less than 30 minutes to make! Sounds good, right? It gets even better!
Not only is this amazing dish delicious and easy to make, it’s also super inexpensive to put together!
Cheesy Southwest Pasta Skillet Dollar Tree Ingredients
Everything, except for the meat, sharp cheddar cheese, and cilantro, that I used for this recipe was bought from my local Dollar Tree:
- Southwest seasoning ( you can use taco seasoning if you can’t find southwest seasoning
- Pasta shells (not shown)
- Velveeta cheese sauce (only $1… WOW!)
- Canned black beans
- Frozen corn
- Chunky salsa
- Dehydrated minced onion
- Minced garlic, jarred
Putting this Cheesy Southwestern Pasta Skillet together was super easy to do! I’m confident that all of you can make this. If you are wondering what to serve it with, here are some suggestions
- Simple green salad
- Garlic bread (Texas toast if you’re pushing time)
- Southwest salsa and tortilla chips (for an appetizer)
This Cheesy Southwestern Pasta Skillet is incredible. My hubby and son (who is the world’s pickiest eater) really enjoyed it. Since this dish is so delicious, quick to make, and affordable – it’s a win win for me. I use it year round, and I think once you give it a try – you will too!
Check out my Cheesy Southwestern Pasta Skillet video tutorial!
Let me know how you enjoyed this recipe. Tag me on Facebook, Instagram, and Pinterest, subscribe to I Heart Recipes on YouTube, and check out my brand new cookbook, Super Soul Food with Cousin Rosie, loaded with many recipes you can’t find anywhere else.
Cheesy Southwestern Pasta Skillet
- Cook the pasta until it’s al dente’, then drain it.
- Place a large skillet over medium heat, and place the ground beef into pan.
- Brown the ground beef, and drain any fat that may be in the pan.
- Sprinkle in the southwestern seasoning, then stir the meat.
- Add the minced garlic and onion, then toss in the cilantro, and corn. Stir until everything is well combined.
- Add in the drained pasta followed by the salsa and Velvetta Cheese Sauce.
- Give everything a nice stir, then add in the black beans, and 1/4 cup cheddar cheese.
- Turn the stovetop off then top the pasta off with more cheese, and cilantro ( optional).
- Serve & enjoy!