A Simple and Tasty Recipe for Cajun Chicken and Sausage Pasta!
In this post I’m sharing a recipe for my Cajun Chicken and Sausage Pasta. As busy mother, I’ve learned to appreciate quick budget dinners! Between helping my son with homework, and all of my other tasks, I honestly don’t have the luxury to create three course meals every day. When I don’t have a lot of time to spare, I always turn to my trusty skillet. I know that I can always create some type of delicious skillet meal, with ease, in a timely matter. This meal is incredibly delicious, and it can be made in under 20 minutes!
Give this recipe a try and please leave your review down below.
Don’t forget to tag and follow me on Facebook, Instagram, and Pinterest, subscribe to I Heart Recipes on YouTube, and check out all my cookbooks! I just released a brand new cookbook, Super Soul Food with Cousin Rosie, with many recipes you can’t find anywhere else.
Cajun Chicken and Sausage Pasta
- 3 cups tri color rotini pasta
- 3 tbsp vegetable oil
- 2 large boneless skinless chicken thighs
- 3 smoked sausage links sliced
- 2 tsp cajun seasoning
- 1/2 black pepper
- 1 tsp smoked paprika
- 1/4 cup yellow onion chopped
- 1/4 cup red onion chopped
- 4 green onions chopped
- 2 tsp minced garlic
- cheese optional
- parsley optional
- Season the chicken with 1 tsp cajun seasoning, black peppers, and smoked paprika.
- Pour 2 tsp vegetable oil into a grill pan, or regular pan. Over medium high heat place the chicken in the pan.
- Grill the chicken until it’s completely cooked, then cut into cubes.
- Pour 1 tbsp vegetable oil into a pan, and turn the heat to medium.
- Add the cubed chicken along with the smoked sausage, followed by the onions.
- Cook until the onions start to sweat.
- Add prepared pasta into the pan, and toss the ingredients.
- Sprinkle in 1 tsp of cajun seasoning, and toss.
- Plate the pasta with grated cheese and parsley on top.