Delicious Penne with Creamy Homemade Vodka Sauce and Sun Dried Tomatoes!
Hey friends! As promised I’m bring my Dinner for two series back ( yasssssss huntyyyy!). To kick it off, I decided to share a recipe a recipe, that I simply adore- Penne with creamy homemade vodka sauce! It’s super easy to make, PLUS it’s will be perfect for this upcoming Valentine’s Day!
Check out the video tutorial!
Penne with Homemade Vodka Sauce
- 2 1/2 cups penne pasta
- 2 tbsp olive oil
- 1 small onion finely chopped
- 1 tbsp garlic minced
- 14.5 oz of tomato sauce
- 4 tbsp butter salted or unsalted
- 1 1/2 cup heavy cream
- 2 tbsp granulated sugar
- 1 tbsp Italian seasoning
- 1 tsp salt
- 1/2 tsp freshly ground black pepper
- 1/2 cup plain vodka
- 1 cup sun dried tomatoes chopped
- Drizzle 2 tbsp of olive into a large saucepan.
- Heat the oil over medium heat then, toss in the onions.
- Once the onions are nice and translucent, add in the minced garlic, and cook for 2 minutes
- Pour in the tomato sauce, and mix everything until well combined.
- Toss in the butter, and pour in the cream.
- Sprinkle in the Italian seasoning, black pepper, and salt, then stir the sauce.
- Pour in the vodka, stir, the toss in the sun dried tomatoes.
- Cook the sauce for about 10 minutes.
- Meanwhile, cook the penne until it's al dente, then drain.
- Toss the pasta into the vodka sauce, and stir until it's well incorporated.
- Cook for about 7-10 minutes, still over medium heat.
- Serve topped with cheese and fresh parsley ( optional)