I’ve been on the internet for years and I’ve never shared my recipe for my infamous green bean casserole. Can you believe it?! I can’t! After many request for a green bean casserole, I think it’s finally time to share this crowd pleasing recipe with you folks. Here is my super easy four cheese green bean casserole. This casserole is going to make all of the other green bean casserole take a bake seat. Best of all, it’s super easy to make, and quick to put together. Make sure you have this dish on Turkey day, your family and friends will thank you!
Four Cheese Green Bean Casserole
- 1 lb frozen green beans
- 15 oz can of cream of chicken soup
- 1 small yellow onion chopped
- 2 cups chicken broth
- 1 lb cooked chicken or turkey breast
- 1/4 cup shredded or cubed harvarti cheese
- 1/2 cup mozzarella cheese cubed or shredded
- 1/4 cup smoked gouda cheese shredded or cubed
- 1/4 cup sharp cheddar cheese shredded or cubed
- 1 tbsp garlic powder
- 1 tsp ground black pepper
- 1 cup crispy fried onions
- In a large mixing bowl add the cream of chicken soup, and chicken broth. Mix well.
- Choose a baking dish and place the green beans, onions cheeses( only 1/4 cup of the mozzarella at this time). and seasonings.
- Use a kitchen spoon to mix the ingredients.
- Pour in the chicken broth/cream of chicken soup mixture over the the other ingredients, then fold the ingredients in using your kitchen spoon.
- Sprinkle the remaining mozzarella on top of the casserole.
- Cover the baking dish with a lid or foil.
- Bake on 350 F for 40 minutes, COVERED.
- Remove the casserole out of the oven after 40 minutes, and uncover.
- Stir the casserole.
- Sprinkle the crispy fried onions on top of the casserole, then place the casserole bake into the oven for an additional 15 minutes, UNCOVERED.
- Let the casserole sit for 5 minutes before serving.