Twice Baked Potato Casserole
This cheesy casserole is made with tender potatoes, sour cream, and bacon. Serve as a side dish or with some rice and veggies for an easy dinner.
Servings 6 servings
- 6 medium potatoes
- 1/2 pound bacon cooked and cut into small pieces
- 1/2 cup sour cream
- 1 1/2 cup shredded cheddar cheese
- 2 tbsp softened salted butter
- 1 tsp garlic powder
- 1/2 tsp salt
- 1/4 ground black pepper
- 2 tsp chives chopped (use can use fresh or dried)
- Wash the potatoes under cool water. Use a fork to poke a few holes in the potatoes.
- Place the potatoes in the oven on 350 f, for 1 hour or until done.
- Remove the potatoes from the oven and let them cool down.
- Once the potatoes are cool. Cut and scoop the filling out into a large mixing bowl.
- Mash the potatoes, and add in the butter, sour cream, salt, pepper, and cheese. Mix the potato mixture.
- Pick out your bake dish and spray it with nonstick spray or butter it.
- Put the potato mixture in the baking dish and smooth it out.
- Sprinkle the remaining cheese on top, followed by the bacon and chives.
- Place the casserole into the oven uncovered on 350 F.
- Let the casserole bake for 20 minutes.